Big time whine

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok just so you're warned if you're not in the mood to read a whine stop now! Let me also say I'm typing one handed so expect spelling mistakes
I'm at my wits end here. Truely had a few good days this week, but out of the 4 good days 3 of them were when dh was off work. Her crying/screaming seems to be getting worse, but that could be my imagination cuz I can't seem to help her. I've tried so many things. I'm sure it's because of gas pain because she's gassy a lot. I'm taking her to get checked today to make sure it's not something more.

Ok part 2. I normally adore DH, but he's getting on my nerves lately. And I'm sure a lot of it has to do with being tired and worn out from trying to take care of Truely. Yesterday him and DD1 took a bike ride to the donut place and they always bring back one for me. Well when he got home I went to wash my hair and I came out and asked if they got me a donut he said they did and that DD had it in her backpack. Well we have a large yard and it's tiered so we have a lower level you have to go down steps to get to and that is where DD's playhouse and trampoline are. I asked if she had brought my donut up and he said 'it's still down in her backpack why don't you go down and get it and get in a little exercise'. Well he didn't say it meanly or anything, but I'd just spend about 40 minutes walking Truely around to get to sleep while they were gone so it hit a nerve. I said something snide that I don't even remember now. But today I told him I don't think he realizes how much I walk this kid around each day trying to get her comforted and to sleep.

Ok rant over for now. Throw your own rant in if ya want.

May 7th, 2014, 10:59 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Men are just totally clueless. My husband drove me nuts after Jacob was born. He just couldn't seem to do anything right plus Jacob was alot like Truely and it was a very hard time in my life.

Let us know what the doc says about Truely. I know with Jacob I ended up at the dr's office crying and begging for help and all the dr could tell me was that nothing was wrong with Jacob. Well he cried all the time so it was so hard on me and on DH.

I hope it gets easier on you soon.
Boos Moo likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
May 7th, 2014, 11:35 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Whine Away! DH tells me "Why are you racing around the house doing chores? You should be taking a nap when the baby sleeps". Then when he gets home he says "I'm so tired, I don't get to nap all day like you do".

They can be so insensitive.
Boos Moo likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
May 7th, 2014, 11:37 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I second the sympathy for constantly crying babies. Both my boys were like that. Ethan was the worst (firstborn) but Kody was bad, too. He's so much better now, but it was like 8 or 9 months of me pulling my hair out the majority of the time. You'd think you'd just get used to it, or tune it out or something...but every single time, it just makes you want to fix it or help them or DO something.
I wish I had some stellar advice. Obviously I never figured out with Kody what to do, although daily chamomile tea (gave it to him), and some homeopathic remedies, helped the most of anything.
Sometimes you can find a reason for the crying, sometimes not. In my experience usually you take them to a doctor and nothing is wrong. You almost wish something WAS wrong so you could fix it (as bad as that may sound).
I'm sorry your DH wasn't very sensitive to you. I understand how sleep deprivation can make someone a bit touchy. My husband had to sort of walk softly around me for many months...I was like a ticking time bomb! lol! Still am from time to time, but it's a lot better. I hope you can find out how to help your precious Truely.

Leia, did you smack your DH for his mixed messages? Are you supposed to work, or sleep? You can't do both at the same time! What a dork (him, not you).
Boos Moo likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 8th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If they tell you it is colic, try putting her in the carseat on the dryer, that sometimes works too. Or some sort of vibration/noise - vacuum cleaner. Also try gripe water, I've heard good things about that stuff.

I hope you figure it out, it's frustrating when we can't figure out how to help them.

May 8th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did post in my other post about what the doctor said - yes colic and also silent reflux which is probably helping make her gassy and therefore colicky. Our dryer is out of commission right now, and since we normally hang our laundry out to dry I don't think we'll get a new one until 'winter'. But I have tried the vacuum cleaner noise, driving around in the car, or even just the stroller, walking her around in the moby out of the moby, bouncing on the edge of the bed. Seems she'll tolerate something for about 5- 10 mins and then start crying/screaming again. I've tried a couple different formulas, gas drops, gripe water (that she pretty much chokes on unless I put it into the formula), and even something called colic calm, and chamomile tea. One lady at the hospital recommended taking the silk part of the corn and boiling it to make a tea and then sweeten it (she said with honey!) and it will cure colic. I haven't tried that one yet (and wouldn't use honey with a baby), but if I do I'll let ya know
As for DH I think on his next day off (so we'll actually have some time) I'm going to talk with him and let him know what's going on with me. He asked me this morning, but I didn't want to get into it all with having to go to the pharmacy and grocery store and them him going to work, there just wasn't time. So I expect he'll be a lot more careful about what he says to me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search