Anxiety about Husband and 3 year old daughter LOL

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By lelila

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So my daughter is a HUGE daddy's girl, HUGE. I love it but the closer I get to my due date the more anxiety I'm starting to get!

1. My husband is VERY worried about my daughter feeling unloved lol I told him it will be an adjustment for her for sure but she will get over it in no time and will love her baby sister. He's so worried and it's starting to irritate me a little. I mean I'm concerned too but OMG she's not the first little girl in the world to have a sibling come along! (Husband is an only child so I think this might have a little to do with his feelings as well).

2. #1 makes me a little nervous that husband will favor our first born and not help me enough with our 2nd lol He's assured me this is not the case and will love this one just as much and I totally believe him BUT since my daughter is such a daddy's girl I know he will give in to her every emotion and demand! LOL I don't by any means want him to ignore her BUT she will have to get used to having to share mommy and daddy with her new sister.

I'm of course going to try to include her in everything she wants to be included in as far as helping me with the baby.

Is anyone else going through this? Or have you gone through this when your 1st was an only child?
May 14th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My 1st is a total mommy's girl and I was a little worried about her as I got closer to my due date, but we talked about new baby a lot. We talked about what babies need, read a couple of books about it, etc. Now both of my girls are complete mommy's girls and it drives DH nuts, don't get me wrong, they love him, but if we are both around, they want me. Anyways, DD1 was completely fine, she was 3 a couple of months before DD2 was born and she loved her. Wanted to hold her, to help feed her, to play with her. I also made sure to do special things with just her as well. I still try to do this too. They do adjust, they will both be fine (DH and your DD), just let him know that he can do special things with her to make her still feel special and he can do things with both too.
cortln likes this.

May 15th, 2014, 06:04 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS1 loves loves loves his little brother, and he was an only child for 8 years, so we had some worries. But he dotes on him and is always trying to make him laugh, read him stories and kiss him. However, there are moments where he is resentful. Just yesterday at baseball, he complained that he can't hit the ball because I don't practice with him, because I'm always feeding or changing a diaper on his little brother. He started to cry. I felt horrible.

It's a balancing act, no doubt. But with practice, we all manage.
cortln likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
May 15th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it's starting with my daughter already, she's extra emotional lately and it's making me sad I know things will get easier with her, I just hope she adjusts well and quickly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search