May I join?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2014, 03:38 AM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Hi ladies! My names is Paula and I just found out on Mother's Day that I am pregnant...so basically, I've been pregnant for about 2 minutes. I had a loss in January during the most stressful time in my life, when my Dad died unexpectedly. As much as I'd like to blame that stress, I am certain that my old egg was the culprit. Anyhow, DH and I have been ttc since my tubal reversal surgery in November. I pray hard everyday that this Lil peanut has snuggled in good and will continue to grow. As most of you can relate, there is this nagging feeling I have coupled with the "check the tissue every time I wipe" thing going on. I know it won't go away until I'm holding this baby in my arms...just looking for a few women that understands what I'm going through.
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

May 18th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Just keep breathing.
Welcome and big hugs to you! I'm Mel, 34, due with my first baby any minute now lol. I'm so sorry for your loss and your dad's passing- that must have been such a horrible time. I'm glad that you are here, and wish you a very healthy happy 9 months.

I honestly don't know if I've ever stopped checking the tissue. I had 3 losses before this little one.

Have you called your dr yet?
May 18th, 2014, 07:59 AM
I guess I accidentally left that part out. I had a beta drawn on Tuesday it was 183, and on Thursday it was 263.8. My progesterone was also drawn and they were 15.5 & 15.1, respectively. I have to be followed a little more closely b/c of the tubal reversal (higher risk of ectopic). I go in on Thursday for lab work and to take a "look-see" to make sure it is in the right spot. I doubt we will see much, I will be just over 5 weeks.

Wow! I can't imagine how full of anticipation you are right now! Good Luck...and I hope you don't have to wait around too long to meet your little one

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

May 18th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome. These ladies are wonderful and have helped me tremendously. H&H 9 months!

May 19th, 2014, 05:15 AM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Wishing you a H&H 9 months
May 19th, 2014, 07:35 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I hope everything looks great at your ultrasound. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
May 19th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!!
May 19th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy! I am so sorry about your loss, both of your dad and your pregnancy. It must have been such a hard time.

I am Cary, 33, I have 2 DDs 5 and almost 2. I have had 2 losses, one before each DD. I also still check the TP and run to the bathroom anytime I feel like something is off, despite the awful morning sickness I am experiencing.

I had an u/s at 5w2d, we saw a yolk sac, which was exactly what they expected to see at that point. You might at least be able to see that.

Will they do a follow up a week or two later to check everything else after this week's?

May 19th, 2014, 11:00 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Welcome to the group and congrats on your pregnancy! So happy to have you here
May 20th, 2014, 06:47 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats! Definitely understand the worry and the constant checking. With Kody (my rainbow baby), I was sure for almost the whole first trimester that I was going to lose the baby (didn't have anything physically that made me think that, I was just having a hard time believing I was going to keep this one). Having your emotions all over the place is normal after loss. Try not to beat yourself up if you have emotions like ambivalence, negativity, sadness or pessimism. Pregnancy after loss is hard, and it's really not possible to go back to being blissfully ignorant (as in, pregnancy prior to loss). I hope all goes well for you...good luck!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 20th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Thank you, again, for the warm welcome ladies! I had another beta drawn yesterday afternoon and it was 1634 yesterday! That's a doubling time of about 36 hours . Cautiously looking forward to my appt on Thursday and taking a look-see with the U/S.

Amen.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search