PUPPS again!!! :(

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So the rash has spread covering most of my belly now I am 99.9% sure it's PUPPS again. I itch like crazy most of the time and I can't find any relief at all. Remembering back to my daughter, it was soooooo awful! By the time 39 weeks rolled around I was covered all the way to my fingers with this itchy rash. I am praying it doesn't get as bad as it did with her but i'm not hopeful, it started earlier with this pregnancy..I still have 4 1/2 weeks until my c-section and this rash has spread to cover my whole belly just over the weekend!

I go to the Dr Friday morning and am going to beg for another ultrasound to see if they can measure the baby, in all of my ultrasounds up until 20 weeks she was always measuring about a week big so I'm wondering if MAYBE they can change my due date?...and if they can, MAYBE they can move my c-section up too?? Worth a shot. I just want to be able to enjoy the first couple weeks with my new baby, I'm already going to be recovering from surgery, if I have this horrible rash (it gets worse after birth before it gets better) I'm going to be even more miserable the first couple weeks home
May 19th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no, I'm so sorry! I hope they can do something for you!!

May 19th, 2014, 08:33 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry. Is there anything they can give you to help with the rash.

I know my dr will only change the due date if the first u/s shows that baby is bigger or smaller. he says after that all babies grow at different rates. I know you are anxious for baby to be born but you definitely want to make sure that her lungs have had all the time they need to develop.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
May 19th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She was measuring 5-6 days ahead from the very beginning. I had to be induced due to PUPPS with my 1st pregnancy. It's worth a shot, 37 is full term so I'm not really worried about having baby a few days earlier than I am already scheduled to. Obviously, babies health comes first and I am 100% sure in my doctor's decisions, if they don't agree with me they will tell me and if they think it'd be OK for baby to be born a little earlier then I'd be on board, this rash get's bad. Once it spread's there's not a spot anywhere on your body that isn't touched by it (except your face for whatever reason), I was covered LITERALLY head to toe. It affected my everyday life, I could barely work, I couldn't sleep, I didn't have an appetite becuase I was so miserable, I felt sick, it was just horrible and got 10 x's worse right after my daughter was born, it didn't start getting better for about a week after that, then SLOWLY went away. I am stressing out so much right now even thinking about the next few weeks. It spread like wildfire on my belly and now I am starting to see a couple spots on my arm....this cant' be good.
May 19th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I just called the Dr. office because I'm about in tears I itch so bad!!! They want me to come in tomorrow instead of Friday, I really really really hope they can do something for me before this spreads. My old doc said the only cure was delivery and prescribed me a couple things that didn't give me any relief. Hopefully, my new doctor has something that can help : (
May 19th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe they have new treatment? These things change every day right?

I remember watching an episode of one of the baby shows and a woman had it. The doc also induced her a little earlier because of it since delivery was the only way to get rid of it, but that was years ago.

I hope they have something new that can at least give relief from it!
CLS2616 likes this.

May 19th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL my co-worker just said the same exact thing! maybe they have this new and improved treatment since 2011 LOL I sure hope so!!! Cool water makes it feel better but the pool is still TOOO cold for me to get in LOL I'm just imagining myself with a floating device around my neck holding me up so i can sleep in cold swimming pool lol
humnck likes this.
May 19th, 2014, 12:00 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Oh no...that sounds really painful and itchy!! I hope it doesn't keep getting worse! Maybe your skin is just irritated for now..hopefully!
May 19th, 2014, 12:18 PM
How much longer do you have? I hope it doesn't spread all over your body. Sounds terrible. Hopefully there is a new medication.

May 19th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My c-section is scheduled for June 20th. 4 1/2 more weeks to go.
May 19th, 2014, 04:53 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I have no idea what it's like at your hospital but PUPPS is not an indicated reason to deliver early at where I work. Our OBs also don't change due dates based on ultrasounds past like 16 weeks or something because babies grow at all different rates. But it may be different at your hospital/state.

I am so sorry your miserable. PUPPS sounds horrible. Maybe your water will break beforehand? Let us know what your OB says.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
May 20th, 2014, 07:26 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gosh how awful! One of our ladies in our DDC had PUPPS and from what she described, it was wretched. It did get worse for her before it got better, too, as far as after delivery. You poor thing!!!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 20th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was induced a week early because of PUPPS with my daughter. This time around I will be having a c-section a week early - c-section due to other complications with my daughters delivery.

The Dr. stated that the earliest we can go is 39 weeks for the c-section but if the PUPPS gets too awful then they may be able to argue a few extra days early for me. We'll see, at this point I'll just suck it up for a few extra days, I'll be off the few days before my c-section anyways, I'll just deal with it.

The Dr. said they can give me a prescription, something a little stronger than benadryl but it's for nighttime only because it'll make me drowsy, for now Benadryl is doing ok at night, I'll wait a while longer before I try something stronger.

It's spread a little more on my belly since yesterday, not a good sign with 4 weeks to go My husband is stopping at the health food store on his way home from work today to get me some Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. I googled about PUPPS the other night and there's a few people that swear this crap got rid of their PUPPS lol I find that hard to believe BUT i'm willing to try!!! My mom had got it for me after I had my daughter, it went away yeah but i'm not sure if the soap had anything to do with it since it was supposed to go away after giving birth anyways.

Come on June 20th, get here NOW please!
May 20th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Saturday evening

This morning
May 20th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Just keep breathing.
Ugh, I'm so sorry Cort! I hope the pine tar stuff works.
May 20th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Courtney I hope that June 20 comes quickly. It looks awful.

May 20th, 2014, 01:07 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You poor thing. Try A&D ointment.

Wife to Big Bull 41
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
May 20th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Trying EVERYTHING i can think of. Someone in my DDC had it with one of their pregnancies and told me to try some Aveeno stuff that got rid of hers... Worth a shot! I tried the A&D the whole weekend, saw that when I googled but it didn't do anything for me
May 20th, 2014, 07:52 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oatmeal bath?

Wife to Big Bull 41
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
May 20th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh that is awful. Maybe your LO will come early on their own. Wishing you speedy relief.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search