Crib Mattresses

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lelila

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2014, 05:51 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were given a really nice handmedown crib and mattress for DS2. We put it together this evening. However, the mattress, which is standard size, is too short legth-wise by at least 3 inches and width-wise by about 2 inches.

Anyone else have this issue? What crib mattress do you all have? Does it fit snuggly into the crib?

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013

Last edited by lelila; June 9th, 2014 at 10:07 AM.
June 8th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I don't know what brand mattresses we have, but I had to make sure I got the dimensions of our crib before I bought any mattresses. We have one that fits the crib and I bought one to fit in his pack n play (which he hasn't used either one of yet)...

They both fit snug. Maybe the one you have now is actually for a pack n play?
June 8th, 2014, 06:59 PM
It's a standard crib mattress, 51.6 x 27.2. And the crib documentation states that is the size it needs. But the mattress moves around freely in the crib and there is enough space on either side for the baby to slip right down inbetween the mattress and the crib.

I did some research and found this is a huge problem and that many mattresses aren't actually that size.

I guess I'll have to go to BRU and start sizing mattresses.

Wife to Big Bull 40

June 9th, 2014, 08:41 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never heard of that. The mattress that we used for both Jackson and Jacob fit snuggly in their bed. You definitely want one that fits good.

I hope you can find one that doesn't cost too much. I think we paid about $100 for our but thankfully I was able to use it for both Jackson and Jacob. I still have to get one for Christian. We haven't even bought his nursery furniture yet. He's in a co-sleeper in my room right now.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 11th, 2014, 08:03 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dang that sucks. I think the mattress that goes in the crib we have is the same brand as the crib, maybe that's why we don't have a problem with it. My mom bought it for us a long time ago...I don't recall what brand the mattress is, and Kody is asleep in the bedroom at the moment!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 11th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Joy, I think that is the case for most people, that the mattress goes with the crib or is the recommended mattress. Both the crib and mattress are 6 years old so we can't find either to get specs. We're going to go to BRU and just measure a mattress to find a good fit. It's better than buying a new crib I think. Although I'd LOVE to buy a new crib - the one I want is on sale too! But spending 4 bills for the crib and another for hundred for the mattress just isn't in the budget.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40

June 11th, 2014, 04:06 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear ya! All that baby crap is so expensive!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search