I must be crazy...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree51Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I suddenly have baby fever, baaaad... HAH!!

Anyone jumping into ttc again right away?

I'm not going to do anything crazy on impulse. Plus I don't have my cycles back yet. But I'm thinking, in the future, maybe when I get to my goal weight we will start ttc again.
June 14th, 2014, 04:59 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My parents had my four brothers back to back. Each boy is 12 - 18 months apart. So it's doable.

My mom now says that after the 4th boy, she would go into the bathroom, lock the door, bang her head against the wall and scream.
humnck, EverydayJoy and Ame C like this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
June 14th, 2014, 07:33 AM
I would like Toren to be 2+ years old before we add a little brother or sister to the mix. With the amount of weight that I want to lose, it will take around that long until I'm ready anyways. I can't believe I'm already forgetting how painful pregnancy is... or was for me. I'm hoping once I'm in shape, pregnancy wont be as bad the 3rd time.

I'm woman enough to admit that there's no way I could do 4 kids back to back!! My body is tore-up! And financially it's best we don't go overboard.
humnck likes this.
June 14th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I know we won't be having any more. My age and health being the big reasons. My body wouldn't survive another go I'm sure of it. Plus DH had the big V done
humnck, EverydayJoy and Ame C like this.

June 14th, 2014, 10:06 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL, I just had to comment..I had my last 4 back to back, 10-13mo apart for each of them....and 39+to 42yrs of age......its crazy, nerve racking, but I wouldn't change it for the world. They are SUPER close, and who needs daycare when they have eachother to play with, lol?
humnck, EverydayJoy, Ame C and 2 others like this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 14th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Aww, you ladies are no fun!
Lori I don't have a clue as to how you did it. Two back to back almost killed me. Well, I'm still alive and fine. It was a hard 9 months though!
June 15th, 2014, 05:44 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow Leia. I could never do what your mom did. I think I would be doing more than just banging my head on the wall and screaming. Haha!
I have two, and they weren't even back to back, and that is plenty for me!

Amy, I think you're a little crazy. But not too crazy. Haha. I know after Ethan I was like, wow, I am not sure I'm ever going to have another one! It took a year or two, but I did eventually want another. Sounds like your plan to wait a bit is a great plan. It's so much better to have the older one be a little more mobile, and able to do some things for themselves, when you have a newborn in the house. Ethan ended up being just under 4 years old when Kody was born, and wow with how Kody was, I was sure glad I could tell Ethan, go get your sippy out of the fridge, or go get in the cupboard and get yourself a snack, etc. And he was potty trained as well, and sleeping through the night, finally. So all those things made it easier for me.
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 15th, 2014, 11:16 AM
You're absolutely right Joy. It would be wise and much easier on everyone to wait until Toren is more independent. Toren being able to communicate with us would also be helpful. I don't really want to start ttc again until Toren can comprehend what a baby is and that there is one in mommy's belly. I think it would be so precious to have him love and snuggle my baby belly. I highly doubt that would happen if he was only a few months older before I got pg again. There are definitely perks to waiting. Being potty trained like you mentioned Joy, would also be beneficial.
EverydayJoy likes this.
June 15th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well if you wait as long as I did (though it wasn't all by choice, darn body) the older one can cook for not only themselves but you as well
EverydayJoy, Ame C and MelChicago like this.

June 15th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
Your not crazy!! I'm crazy Bc I've been having baby fever for like two months lol I honestly think I am crazy in the head! What woman in their right mind wants to get pregnant with 6 month old twins? Me that's who haha I keep reminding myself that id like to get some sleep for awhile before having a newborn again
humnck, Ame C and Boos Moo like this.

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013
* After heartbreak and tears, and many fears my two blessings are here*

June 15th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Lol, what's wrong with us!?! I was pretty anti-pregnancy until what, like 3 days ago?? Hahah Now it pretty much consumes my thoughts throughout the day. Weird how that works. I guess I'm trying to figure out if it's just a hormone shift type deal that will go away in a few weeks/months, or if it's the real deal and if I'm REALLY wanting to do the whole 9 month thing again. Hmmm... we shall see
June 16th, 2014, 05:11 AM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
I know I think about it daily too one big thing that's stopping me is the fact that I want a vbac! I've heard women still get one even with a small gap but I do not want another c section again! I just miss that cuddly time and the excitement of a new baby and just all of that! I also keep thinking about my girls I don't want to jip them if we have a new baby around..it's a good thing my hubby isn't wanting one this soon haha
humnck and Ame C like this.

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013
* After heartbreak and tears, and many fears my two blessings are here*

June 16th, 2014, 06:58 AM
See! Maybe that's part of my issue, the hubby. He's ready! Well, he was in a bit of shock I think once Toren was actually born because he was saying things like "One and done" or "You can barely handle this baby so we don't need anymore." In his defense, Toren was the first baby, let alone newborn, that he had ever been around. I guess he didn't realize how much babies cry right at first... hah! Now he is adjusted to our crazy little family of 3 and ready to start adding more!

I don't want to jip Toren either... le sigh..
June 16th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had the girls a little over 3 years apart, it would've been closer, but I had a loss a few months before getting pg with Addy. The age gap is perfect, I'm a little concerned with the age gap between Addy and this one, but we didn't think it would happen this fast...oops! Reagan was in a big girl bed, potty trained and so excited about baby, she is about this one too and keeps asking when it will come out...lol! Addy doesn't really, truly understand that there is a baby in mommy's belly, I remind her, she kisses the belly and pats it, maybe as time gets closer and my belly gets bigger she will. I am hoping to have her potty trained and in a big girl bed by the time baby comes, but we shall see. At least in a big girl bed.
Ame C likes this.

June 16th, 2014, 09:56 AM
We would have done closer together too, Cary, but I had a loss in between as well. I think Ethan was about 2 1/2 when I had the m/c. I do like the space that Ethan and Kody are apart, but I'm sure we could have worked it out either way. I think it depends a lot on how easy or difficult the newest addition is. Both my boys have been really um...challenging, to say the least, so I was really glad Ethan was older.
Ame C likes this.

June 16th, 2014, 09:56 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No baby fever here. Christian has started getting up every 2 hours again so I'm exhausted plus I just couldn't handle more than 3. Unless we have an accident we are very much done.

All of my boys are close in age though and I love having them that close so I do agree about not waiting too long.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 16th, 2014, 12:16 PM
I'm curious. At what age do you ladies think a child would for sure understand that there is a baby in mommy's belly?
June 16th, 2014, 01:05 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was pregnant with Jacob when Jackson was 2 1/2 and he didn't understand but when I was pregnant with Christian, Jackson was 4 and he did understand so I think somewhere between the age of 3 and 4.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 16th, 2014, 01:07 PM
I agree with Melissa...3 1/2 probably would be a good age.

June 16th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Dammn.. I was thinking 2.5 lol
melissalaw and EverydayJoy like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search