Vacation Plans

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By melissalaw
  • 2 Post By humnck
  • 3 Post By lelila
  • 2 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By MelChicago

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2014, 07:33 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So what are you planning on doing this year for a vacation, anything, going anywhere fun?

We are going on vacation in a few weeks. We got a condo in Florida and we are planning on spending a week there. I can't wait. I dread the drive. I think it's a 10 hour drive but with 3 kids who knows how long it will take us to get there. We are planning on leaving around midnight so hopefully the kids will sleep alot of the way.

I'm most excited to go to Sea World in Orlando. Jackson is crazy about sharks and whales so we want to take him. He's going to love it and I'll love just watching him. I'll definitely share lots of pics when we get back.
Ame C and Boos Moo like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 18th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That sounds so fun! Reagan keeps asking when we are going back to Disney, I told her maybe once baby is a little older. Guess we need to start saving...lol!

We go to the beach a lot over the summer. My parents have 2 beach houses right now and my MILs mother has 1, so we have options. We have a planned visit Jul 3-8 and will be staying at my parents "older" house. DH will only be there with us for the weekend because he doesn't have enough vacation accrued and he is trying to save it for baby arrival.
MelChicago and Boos Moo like this.

June 18th, 2014, 12:10 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd love to go to the beach! Melissa, sounds like a fun time in store for you and the kids.

We're going camping up in the Adirondacks. There's an amusement park and water park right next to a campground. DS1 LOVES amusement rides so we're going there for him. We have a 5th wheel camper so it's a comfortable stay. It'll be a little challenging with a small baby, but I'm looking forward to it.
humnck, MelChicago and Boos Moo like this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
June 18th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well we live in San Diego so we can 'staycation' any time But we already did our yearly desert trip (though we cut it down to 2 nights/3 days this year).
Here are a couple pics from that.

And

And we normally don't do big trips over summer since DH works in a hotel and when *most* people may take time off is when he needs to work so we can survive (or at least I can remain a SAHM). So once regular school gets back in we'll head to Vegas for a few days and plan on seeing "O" again since DD hasn't seen it. Then it will be saving up for our big trip next year.
lelila and MelChicago like this.

June 19th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Just keep breathing.
No real plans here- dd is too little for much. We are going to a family reunion in late July.

Chicago is pretty fun in the summer anyway. We live less than a mile from the beach and a gorgeous lakefront park, so we might spend some time hanging out there. There are always a million outdoor concerts, movie s in the park, etc too. We'll see if we actually get to anything but the opportunity is there.
Boos Moo likes this.
June 19th, 2014, 01:15 PM
We're the same Mel, lots of things around here to do, but we'll have to see how much we actually get to with a little one. I am so thankful though that we found why she was screaming and she isn't doing that anymore because I seriously thought we'd have to just stay home all summer.

June 19th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I will be happy if I can get us all moved first. STILL waiting on the bank and other paperwork bs! I guess it worked out okay since we needed to be in Tx for Toren's surgery. Commuting back and forth from CO to TX for his other helmet fittings every 3-4 months is going to really suck...
June 20th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Well Amy I hope you can fit in some fun on those trips.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search