Scary, Stressful day - 911 Called!!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cortln

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2014, 05:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Harlow is going to be my problem child!

Today, about 8 a.m. Harlow had about 2 oz, slept for a little while, then woke up fussing around 10. I picked her up and put her in her crib while I was folding laundry in her room, she kept crying and had her little legs pulled up like her belly hurt her so when I picked her up to try to burp her she threw up all over! Seemed like sooo much, then she couldn't catch her breath. She had slimy clear stuff in her mouth, I was suctioning it out and trying to clear her throat but she kept letting out 1 loud scream then couldn't catch her breath for like 10 - 15 seconds each time, I turned her over and was trying to hit her in the back to get it out but it didn't work, she started turning colors and was clammy feeling so I called 911. Ambulance came and we went off to the hospital. She had x rays to be sure her lungs were clear, dr said they looked beautiful, had blood work done to check for infection and it came back perfect. Dr said she was fine, and that sometimes babies do this and I honestly don't remember much, my husband left work and came and talked to the Dr. I'm still really upset and am afraid to go to sleep tonight! She's been doing good and has had 2 bottles since then and is her normal self but geez, now I'm going to be scared out of my mind.
June 23rd, 2014, 07:41 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Scary!! Oh my gosh.. I'm glad she had a clean bill of health.. I'm sure after an experience like that you will feel shaken up for a while. Poor baby and mommy

June 24th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Just keep breathing.
Oh no! I'm so sorry, that sounds terrifying. I'm glad she is okay. Hope you feel better soon, and she stays good.
June 24th, 2014, 06:15 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry. I'm sure that was so scary. I'm glad that she's ok and I hope she doesn't do anything like that again.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 24th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That sounds so scary. I am so happy that she seems back to herself and tests all came back normal.

June 24th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everything seems fine and nice and calm again today basically the dr said she had a gag reflex drama session that is more scary than anything It doesn't make me feel better but it's a relief there's nothing wrong. We both slept ok last night. I of course woke up lots to be sure she was ok. I put her bassinet up against the bed so all I have to do is look over the edge and she's right there. She'll be sleeping there until she's 16 I think lol
Boos Moo likes this.
June 24th, 2014, 04:02 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whew, that must have been so scary!! I would have been rather traumatized. I'm glad everything turned out OK, but I know I would have been calling 911 too.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 24th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds a lot like when I called 9 1 1 for T and had to take her in, except thank goodness she didn't change color. I understand about being freaked out and needing to keep an eye on her after she falls asleep. I still check on T, especially if she sleeps longer than I'm used to. Many hugs momma.

June 29th, 2014, 04:52 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that is so scary! I would have called too. I'm glad she's doing better.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search