Little Update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I thought I'd update ya ladies and share a couple pics.

Truely is doing SO much better. So much in fact we've been weaning her off her expensive formula and moving her to the sensitive formula. Right now she's about a half and half mix and doing really good. We still give her the medicine, but when she starts food we might try weaning her off it and see how she does. She is about 16 pounds now @ 14 weeks + 2 days. She just started rolling over from back to tummy, but seems angry when she gets there. She is sleeping a good 6 - 7 hour stretch at night now (never thought we'd get here in those early days of colic). Oh and we finally got her crib, so now she is in her own room at night, at least for the big stretch.

Here is her and Boo:

And here they are hanging out on the deck, Boo loves her little sister so much:
melissalaw, humnck and EverydayJoy like this.

June 27th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Darling girls and the scenery is really pretty too! I'm happy to hear things are taking a turn for the better. I hope she continues to do well while you wean her to a less expensive formula. Sleeping in her own room? Such a big girl already!

June 28th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Just keep breathing.
Great pictures! I'm glad she is doing so well!
June 28th, 2014, 06:34 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad to hear she is doing better. I'm so glad. Reflux is SO tough and really puts a strain on the whole family. I'm glad to hear you can start to get her on a less expensive formula, too. If she was on something like Nutramigen or Alimentum, then whew, those things are wretchedly expensive! Heck, regular formula is expensive enough. As for her medication, it sounds like you have a good plan. I think keeping her on it for now sounds reasonable. Don't mess with success, eh?
Love the pictures!! Boo is such a sweet big sister.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 28th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks all. And Joy, we've been using Alimentum for, well it seems like forever, about 6 weeks now. And yes it's crazy expensive. A can was lasting us only about 4 days and those little cans cost about $30 each! Her doctor upped her dose because of gained weight, which means I am actually going to run out before they are scheduled to have the new batch ready (it's a compound and has to be special made each time), so I need to go down on Monday and have them make it early.
Our biggest issue now is right before her big night time sleep she gets crazy for about an hour. Crying and fussing, ugh. She doesn't do that much before naps so I don't know why she does it right before bedtime. But I hope it passes soon.
Ame, we had to move her to her own room because she can be a noisy sleeper

June 30th, 2014, 08:55 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad that she's doing good. Glad she's sleeping good. She's definitely sleeping much better than my little guy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 30th, 2014, 11:00 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just did the math...that's about $225 a month for formula! Yikes!
What medication is she on again? Prilosec? This is a bit after the fact, but if it's a liquid compound, I've read from other reflux moms that they can lose effectiveness sometimes after a couple of weeks. So if it's one you fill monthly, and you notice toward the end of the bottle that she seems to be doing not so great, you'll know why. If that happens, you can talk to the pharmacy or her doctor about filling it twice a month (for half the amount so it's the same amount of medication). Sometimes insurances don't like that so you might have to hassle with them on it.

I'm sorry to hear about the nighttime fussies. I have no advice for that one, unfortunately. That's gotta be frustrating to deal with.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 30th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So glad she is doing well on the weaning to the sensitive stuff. And that the meds seem to be working wonders!

What great photos! And a great view

The nighttime fussiness could just be colic, Addy went through that, she would be fussy at the same time every night, for about an hour or two and then be fine. Never at nap, just bedtime. It was frustrating, but the only thing that we found that worked, most times, was bouncing her, I swear that is why I lost my weight so quickly this time Some colicky babies like the dryer, Addy also loved the shower sound, that was soothing to her. She needed movement and white noise. I know that doesn't work for everyone, just wanted to share my experience.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search