For those of you who

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Christy94
I was wondering how far along were ya'll in your pregnancy when you stopped taking progesterone. I am currently on the suppositories. I have read that the placenta takes over around week 12. I am just terrified that my doctor might want to take me off too early so I want to get some feedback from ya'll. Thank you!
August 8th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I will be 11 weeks on Friday
I am still on it ( have been on it since 4 weeks along)
I think I gotta another 2 weeks or so on it.... ( I am on prometrium tablets)

good luck

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 8th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Super Mommy
my dr is taking me off at 13 weeks so we have one week that overlaps. i asked her does the placenta ever not take over and she said no. i don't know if i phrased that right or not, but hopefully you got my drift. i have 4 weeks to go.

are you getting the weekly bloodwork? they would see at your 12 week bloodwork that the placenta has taken over because your numbers should really go up then. at least that is what i think would happen.

~Tracy~

August 8th, 2006, 07:07 PM
MJONES's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it was around 14wks.

Ethan Hunter, Ava Madison, Achilles Ryan

Sept 2, 2006
August 9th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Christy94
Thanks girls! At one point, my doctor mentioned 10 weeks but I think that is entirely too early. I am just going to insist on being on them longer. I don't want to take any risks, you know?
August 9th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I went off at 12 weeks (I was taking the tablets). My dr told me that the placenta takes over anywhere from 9-13 weeks.

I was A LOT scared to just stop taking them. But, I am not 19 weeks along and everything seems to be going well.

Good Luck!!!

Amy

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

August 9th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
I was on the suppositories and my dr said to go off them at 12 weeks - I stayed on them until 13 just for my peace of mind!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
August 9th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Regular
Hi Ladies

This is a little off topic, but I just discovered I am pregnant after months of trying after our miscarriage.

Why did you start progestrone? Would it hurt to go on it if you did not need it? I will do anything to help this lil bean stick!

Thanks!

Crazy Thoughts By Chelle ~ Home of the Pic of the Day!

August 9th, 2006, 09:40 AM
nmacjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was on the suppositories until 12 wks. I am now 32 wks pg and everything has been fine! Good Luck,
August 9th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I want to ask my doctor if I can take progesterone too...Do they test you for low progesterone first before they give it to you??

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
August 9th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Christy94
I had a m/c last cycle due to low progesterone so the next cycle that we were trying they put me on Progesterone suppositories. If they do bloodwork the will be able to tell if it is ok or not
August 9th, 2006, 12:50 PM
nmbatey's Avatar Regular
I was on Prometrium (100mg 2x/dy) for until I was 13 weeks - I tapered off with one a day for a week and then one every other day for a wekk because my dr wanted to prevent any chance of bleeding by stopping cold turkey...

August 10th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to naybutterfly1
I just stopped my suppositories at 14 weeks
August 10th, 2006, 02:44 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was taken off of them around 14 weeks as well.

August 12th, 2006, 05:48 PM
1234rachael's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to 1234rachael
Quote:
I had a m/c last cycle due to low progesterone so the next cycle that we were trying they put me on Progesterone suppositories. If they do bloodwork the will be able to tell if it is ok or not[/b]

Yes, they should be able to tell w/blood work- they look at the levels

Quote:
I was wondering how far along were ya'll in your pregnancy when you stopped taking progesterone. I am currently on the suppositories. I have read that the placenta takes over around week 12. I am just terrified that my doctor might want to take me off too early so I want to get some feedback from ya'll. Thank you![/b]
'

I thought I'd add, for me it was 10week, but I kept it up for another week just for piece of mind. I don't know if their is any side effects? I think if your body dosen't need it, it just goes out? Good luck!!! But yes the placenta dose take over I am not exactly sure when but its probably in between the 9-12week mark

</div>
August 12th, 2006, 09:45 PM
ok, i took the kind you insert and well, it was a mess. My doctor told me after 12 weeks I did not have to take it any more. I had tears in my eyes. You have made it this far and u just want to keep using it till the very end. My dr. must have known what i was thinking and rubbed my leg and said it was ok. I know everyone has a hard time quiting. She said that i could take it for a long as i felt comfortable, which was 13-1/2 weeks. We now have a healthy 3-1/2 mn old baby boy after 2 m/c. we never thought we would have one. Thank god for the meds
August 15th, 2006, 09:07 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Doc's about to start me on the inserts as precautionary until my labs come back. Thanks for everyone's input and to Christy for asking this question! I'm feeling a lot better about using them after reading all your responses.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 15th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Christy94
The suppositiories I believe have been my saving grace with this pregnancy! They are very yucky and messy but well worth it if it keeps me pregnant! Good luck with the suppositories!!! :dothugs:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search