*Updated* Gestational & yolk sac growing but...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2006, 03:45 AM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello. I am new here. After 13 years of infertility, I went on Metformin for PCOS and have had 3 m/c's and 1 precious daughter (she is almost 14 months old).

We are pregnant again. According to my FF chart, I should be 8 1/2 wks pregnant.

Two weeks ago, I spotted lightly. I went and got my hcg levels and prog. levels checked and had an u/s. My hcg were normal and went up nicely 2 days later (about 14,000). My prog. levels were dangerously low 9.5. The u/s showed an empty sac. I am now taking 150 mg. of progesterone suppositories. No spotting in 2 weeks.

4 days later, we saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac measuring about 5 1/2 to 6 weeks. No fetal pole.

If for some reason I'm truly behind, that's fine...I can deal with being 10 days behind.

Yesterday I had another u/s and the doctor says he's optimistic. I truly want to be. But all we saw was a bigger gestational sac and yolk sac. He thought he saw part of the fetal pole, but no heartbeat. He said that that I'm measuring 6 1/2 to 7 weeks (so that encouraged him with the growth). Could the fetal pole be behind the yolk sac?

Has this happened to anyone?

I'm just so heartbroken and confused. I don't want to lose another baby.

Update:
I miscarried last night. I feel quite numb right now. I go through waves of sadness.

August 16th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any advise, I just wanted to say that I have you in my prayers-I'll be praying that everyting is alright.
August 16th, 2006, 05:58 AM
hopin4a4rth
It sounds good that the sac is growing... tho I would be concerned just the same as you are. I have no advice either... just hoping and praying that it will all be ok.
August 16th, 2006, 05:06 PM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you know what kind of ultrasound machine it was? I know when I was having trouble in the begining, they sent me in for a level II because they didn't think they'd see anything with a normal one. I was 6 weeks at the time. Even at level II it was hard to find anything at first.

</div>
August 18th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Good luck with everything...I have a friend who is due two weeks behind me and her menstrual cycle is the same as mine...GO figure!?! Anyway, when she first went in, they told her that she was miscarrying because they didn't see a baby, only the yolk sac...Sure enough, two weeks later, they saw a heartbeat and the beginnings of a baby...It was just way too early to tell....I am not saying it is the same, but strange things do happen sometimes..I'll keep you in my prayers.

Jenn

August 18th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Regular
I dont know alot about your situation. If our dr. says he is optomistic , I think you should be too. I pray everything works out. keep us informed
August 18th, 2006, 11:38 AM
nmbatey's Avatar Regular
I would think you definitley have to be optimistic if there is growth...I know it's hard, but try to stay as positive as you can. I am praying for you. Keep us updated.

August 18th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Thank you, ladies. I'll let you know what happens at my next u/s, Friday the 25th.

August 18th, 2006, 01:08 PM
DaleT's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Thank you, ladies. I'll let you know what happens at my next u/s, Friday the 25th.[/b]

I just wrote this to a girl from DDC March....

Quote:
I went to see the doc at 5w6d and we saw the baby and the heartbeat perfectly !!!!!!!!!

All was itty bitty, but it was definately there.....

Then one week later at 6w6d I went in again and the doc couldn't find baby or heartbeat ......I was devasted !!!!!!!!!

All of a sudden he said....."Oh here it is and here's the heartbeat !!!!!!!!"......the baby was hiding all the way in the back of the sac so my doc almost missed it !!!!!!

Maybe (hopefully) this is why they can't find your baby's heartbeat yet !!!!!!!![/b]
I'm kinda thinking that you are in the same situation.....your HcG went up and the sac is growing.....that is a great sign !!!!!!!

I know it's hard having to wait, but I bet next Friday you'll be the happiest woman alive !!!!!!!!!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"> </MARQUEE>

I've been Ho-Ho-Ho’ed....by Linzi

My wish for 2010....

August 18th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Oh I sure hope so.

August 25th, 2006, 10:20 AM
leaving soon for follow-up u/s...praying we see a beautiful hb

August 25th, 2006, 12:12 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
leaving soon for follow-up u/s...praying we see a beautiful hb[/b]

Good luck! We will be thinking of you and your baby. Maybe your ff chart is just wrong and the baby is right on track.

August 25th, 2006, 05:39 PM
The gestational sac grew only 1 or 2 mm in 10 days and the fetal pole (my precious little one) did not. Needless to say, there wasn't a hb. I am now waiting to miscarry. It is strange as I have no cramping or bleeding. I can't believe I now have 4 little ones in Heaven.

August 25th, 2006, 06:32 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
The gestational sac grew only 1 or 2 mm in 10 days and the fetal pole (my precious little one) did not. Needless to say, there wasn't a hb. I am now waiting to miscarry. It is strange as I have no cramping or bleeding. I can't believe I now have 4 little ones in Heaven.[/b]
Dawn, I am so very sorry. I know that there is nothing I can say to make it better but we are here for you as are the ladies in pg loss.

August 25th, 2006, 07:50 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dawn I am so sorry - and so sorry I didn't see this sooner. I know how hard this is all too well & wanted to offer you love & support & an invite to join us on the recurrent loss board. It is a great place to vent all your feelings right now & to talk about all the stuff that comes along with so many losses. I wish there was no need for such a board - but it is a great solace when you do need exactly that. I wish you peace for your heart & send you much love. PM me anytime if you want to talk.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 28th, 2006, 10:23 AM
nmbatey's Avatar Regular
Dawn- I am so sorry for your loss. I know there isn't much to say ina time like this, but know that you are in my prayers and thoughts during this time.

August 28th, 2006, 04:10 PM
updated in first post.

August 28th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
i am so sorry. you have been through so much
i know how bad each loss hurts. if you decide you want to try again, there is a very supportive bunch of ladies over on ttc after a loss. we are here for you
August 29th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. Please know that you are in my prayers and thoughts right now.
August 30th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
i am so sorry for your loss hon! my thoughts are with you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search