Not pregnant yet, just wanted to lurk a little

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
DH and I are planning on TTC again this next cycle, and I'm scared out of my mind. Not so scared that I'm going to put off TTC any longer, but I'm already paranoid about the pregnancy, you know? I lost Cora at 38 weeks after a completely normal and healthy pregnancy (aside from the fact that I had hyperemisis in my first trimester and was sick basically the whole time. But Cora was always perfectly healthy). What if I get to 38 weeks again and go home empty handed again?

What can I do to alleviate the paranoia I already feel?

August 16th, 2006, 12:16 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Any chance your doc would induce you early? My son showed up exactly 3 weeks early and was fine, so maybe you can schedule to deliver in your 37th week? That's all I can think of.

I think the only thing that can truly relieve us of our fears is prayer. I'll keep you in my prayers, sweetie, and hope the best for you.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 16th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I was planning on talking to my Dr about that when I go in (when I become pg anyway). I KNOW that every moment I remain pregnant after 38 weeks I'll just get more and more and more stressed. And that won't be good for anyone involved.

I just, I don't know, I guess I just needed someone else to tell me it's normal to be scared, you know?

August 16th, 2006, 12:47 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's definitely normal to be scared. I don't think I'll truly relax until I bring this one home.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 16th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For sure you will worry your entire pregnancy, however I think your dr will watch you closer and quite possibly induce before 38 weeks.

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
August 16th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it is very normal to worry about losing your child considering everything you have gone thru. Hopefully the doctor will let you deliver earlier than 38 weeks.

August 16th, 2006, 08:35 PM
1234rachael's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to 1234rachael
I have to say you brought tears to my eyes, and thats very difficult to do. I am so sorry about your loss. I have had 3 in the past year but they've never made it that far. Right now, I am almost 38 weeks and I couldn't even imagine going thru what you had. It is completely normal to feel how you do, I wish you the best with ttc again. Just say your prayers & hopefully things will work out well. I know easier said than done, you'll be in my thoughts. For me, nothing really could help me relieve my worries, my worries just changed throught my pregnancy from M.C. another time, to not feeling the baby move..etc.. I don't think that thier is a quick answer, I just say my prayers and tell myself "its out of my hands" and I have to say that kind of worked for me??? & I am not one to be religious. Hope this will help you.

Rachael

</div>
August 17th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss. I had 2 m/c's w/in a year and am now 20w along. The fear is still there, but it does change throughout your pregnancy. It is sooooo perfectly normal.

The ladies here are a wonderful support system and will help during your pregnancy. Some days I would be lost without them.

Keep us updated about your progress. Good Luck!!!

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

August 17th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks ladies. I was just having one of those days yesterday, you know? Last night and this morning I'm totally nauseated, which is totally unfair, since it makes me feel pregnant. AF is due on Saturday. Part of me is hoping she doesn't show, but the realistic part of me (that reminds myself I was on bcp and we didn't bd for a week around the time I would have o'ed if NOT on bcp) reminds me it's really not likely that I'm pregnant and the nausea is either mental, or I have the flu. bleh.

Stupid pregochondria.

August 17th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Regular
I am so sorry for your loss. I wish you the best of luck. You and your family will be in my prayers.

I am 5 weeks and 4 days. I have had 3 miscarriages. pray for me too!
August 17th, 2006, 12:47 PM
of course!

August 18th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I am so sorry about your loss. Although I don't know exactly how you feel, I do kow what it is like to have all of your hopes and dreams taken away from you. I am worrying the whold time this pregnancy. My doctor has been great and monitors me very closely...I have already had about 6 u/s's. Good luck with everything...Just hope for the best and keep VERY busy so the time will pass by quickly...This is how I am coping.

Jenn

August 27th, 2006, 01:16 PM
I'm actually being transferred to full-time at work (we're making it official today, and it'll kick in in about 3 weeks). I'm off bcp now. I got so sick with my last pg, that I hope I CAN work full-time and be pg at the same time! I need to be full-time, since DH is going back to part-time with his job because school is starting again. So, yeah, I'll be busy.

Thanks! I hope to be joining you soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search