My 1st u/s was today...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2006, 03:54 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It went great. I will scan the pics later to share. 1 baby - HB of 155...and even a little wiggling.. It is my 1st official good u/s. I watched the screen like the way a child watches a horror movie..hands over my eyes, with my fingers split just far enough to peek thru. It seemed like she spent FOREVER looking at my ovaries & uterus first...and then I saw it - a little flutter on the screen & immediately went to sobbing. I think I scared the techs. I cried all the way through it. The tech running the machine was soooo nice, she even flipped it over & did a 4-D u/s. The printed pics aren't great - because the baby is sooooo small on the picture, but on the screen she got so close up & it's amazing what you can see even this early. The regular u/s pics are actually a little clearer - although also tiny. The baby measures 1.37 CM crown/rump length & they said I am due April 1st according to that as well, which I KNOW should be off because we didn't even have sex for 12 days over "O" time....so it should be a littel one way or the other - but no matter - as long as everything looks good - I am elated. When we left & were walking down the hallway together Joel grabbed my hand gave me a huge smile & jumped up in the air & clicked his heels. It was adorable & ridiculous all at once. After we talked about how we realize we aren't even a quarter of the way there yet - but at least we truly, absolutely, have HOPE....which is a hard thing to conjure up in two very hurt hearts...(and now we have 3 hearts...it's was AMAZING to hear that today).

I am sorry to gush - but today has been so awesome - better than any day I have had in a very long time.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 18th, 2006, 03:59 PM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATS!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!
August 18th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Nancy
I am so very happy for you! You have been through so much you deserve this more than you know.
August 18th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so happy for you
congrats and the great news

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 18th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know I already replied over on the April DDC board, but I can't help it - I wanted to congratulate you over here, too. It is so inspiring to see someone who has experienced loss get to see the heartbeat of their baby - you give me hope!!! This is truly such wonderful news!!!

Amy
August 19th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwww I am so happy for you I am so glad the ultrasound went well.

August 19th, 2006, 08:01 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woohoo!! Another chance to give you cheerleaders! I'm so truly excited for you. My heart grows every time I read your post.

Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 19th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cant even tell y ou how happy I am for you! You deserve it, that is for sure! Congrats on such a great u/s- what great news!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
August 19th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on a great ultrasound!!! I am so happy for you two!!
Marie
August 21st, 2006, 05:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Beckie!!! I am crying right now after hearing your news. I am so happy for you!!! You and Joel deserve this so much!!!

I remember when we went in at 7w with this baby and how scared we were. Seeing the hb is the best thing in the world. I had the same reaction that you did. DH was crying too!!! We were both all smiles after. Couldn't stop us for nothing!!!

Congratulations again!!! Please keep us posted on your progress!!!

Amy

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

August 21st, 2006, 06:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
THAT'S GREAT NEWS!!!! CONGRATS!!!
August 21st, 2006, 06:47 AM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
Congrats hon! arent the 4d u/s great! i get them everytime
August 21st, 2006, 12:20 PM
nmacjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beck, this is the first post I read from you about being pg. I am SOOOOO happy to hear that you are pg! You def deserve this happy time. I pray that you have a healthy pg from here on out!

PS CONGRATS on the awesome u/s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 21st, 2006, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
Oh Beck!!!!! I'm so happy for you - its been so long since we've spoken but I often pop into the Recurrent M/C board to check in on you (ok lurk on you!!) and this made my day to see you're pregnant!!!!! I'm so glad to hear the u/s went well and you got to see that little hb and baby! I know how happy you guys must be and I have a good feeling about this time for you guys!!! I can't wait to hear more!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
August 21st, 2006, 12:35 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beckie, I am so happy to see you here. That's such wonderful news! I hope with all my heart that you have a happy and healthy pregnancy this time.

August 21st, 2006, 01:11 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Sobbing mess I am...again. BECKIE!!!! CONGRATS!!!

(And even some wiggling! You lucky girl!)

You deserve this, you know it. I'm so glad that it went even better than expected.

August 21st, 2006, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Rysmommy1011 Send a message via Yahoo to Rysmommy1011
I just wanted to say, I am so happy for you!!! I spent some time at the pregnacy loss board back in Feb. and remember you and your story well from there. I am also pregnant again (due March 1st). I will keep you in my prayers!!!

August 21st, 2006, 04:39 PM
Congratulations on seeing your baby! I love seeing them on the U/S's..

Jenn

August 22nd, 2006, 02:53 AM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is wonderful to hear.. I think I scared my tech the first time I heard the h/b too. She cried with me. Doesn't hope just feel great?

</div>
August 25th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Bless you and your little bean! I'm so happy for you!

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search