Crappy Appt

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2006, 02:12 PM
MJONES's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not much exciting too add. My DR checked me and I haven't changed or dialated more except my cervix is much softer. She said the way the baby is sitting the pressure and contractions are not putting direct pressure to dilate further, so basically I am stuck.
However she wanted to check my fluid levels and baby so I waited for the US tech who should have been back from lunch at anytime. anytime turned into 3hrs of waiting anf then the school nurse called and said my kiddos had fever and the flu so I had to reschedule my US for tommorow Am with a follow up. I am a little upset becuase my DR said she feels it is unethical to strip my membranes until I am overdue, 2 weeks after EDD. She said babies are fullterm 2wks beofre or after and they come when they want too. GRRR, just not a good day. Steph it looks like I may be preggo until Sept if she has her way!

Ethan Hunter, Ava Madison, Achilles Ryan

Sept 2, 2006
August 22nd, 2006, 02:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well that sucks!!! Hopefully tomorrow you will get some more answers.

Good Luck!!!

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

August 22nd, 2006, 06:55 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went 13 days overdue with my daughter and they had to induce me.

August 23rd, 2006, 05:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
I'm so sorry the appt didn't go the way you wanted to!! Guess that little one is nice and comfy inside there! Maybe she'll decide to move positions and get you to start dialating more - good luck!!!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
August 23rd, 2006, 09:00 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, now you have to hold on til Sept 22nd!

MELINDA! That appointment sucks, I am so bummed.

I think you need to get in to see Jill- she stripped mine at 37 1/2 weeks. She said they normally wouldnt strip them til 38, but I was close enough.

Screw Dr. Jarem- what the heck is she talking about? They dont wait til you are 2 weeks overdue!!!

Go see Jill!!!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
August 23rd, 2006, 03:57 PM
Jill is on vacation so I have to wait till she gets back. I was SUPER frustrated because Brink called late last night and said it was urgent that I go to Chadnler hospital for a US, so she called Goodman and he called triage and they sent me in. I get there and triage seems to have no idea who I am or why I am there. They did a pelvic and checked for ruptured membranes then I had to be monitored 4hrs, and still didnt have an US. Hopefully next week will go better if he isnt here by then, I see DR Partridge.. I have never seen him before.
I must admit she did aggravate me, she said after all I am the one who has a lifetime to raise the baby and if she were to induce before he had time to come on his own he could have all these problems. I was like SERIOUSLY? Go figure I was her last patient and she left pretty quickly, I think she didnt want to take the time.
Oh well...If I have too, I may just start walking to your house!

Sept 2, 2006
August 23rd, 2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I havent heard much good about dr. jarem- for that reason I never made an appointment with her and I just crossed my fingers she wasnt the one on-call for the delivery! I guess I got lucky!
The new dr- dr wickman- was awesome at my appointment on MOnday, really kicked back and super nice- maybe try her? I am not sure how Partridge feels about induction, although he is very nice. I guess time will tell, but I am getting very impatient!
Start walking to my house, I will rent a few movies, we can stay up all night and drink the raspberry tea and then if the sun comes up before your water breaks, I will get my crochet needle!

</div>
August 24th, 2006, 09:36 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, what medical school did Dr. Jarem go to? Ok if you were asking for induction at 36 weeks or earlier, yes you'd have issues, but at 39 weeks? Come on. How frustrating for you! Go walk around Walmart. I used to work there and we'd have lots of moms walking to go into labor. It's worth a shot!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 24th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Wow, what medical school did Dr. Jarem go to? Ok if you were asking for induction at 36 weeks or earlier, yes you'd have issues, but at 39 weeks? Come on. How frustrating for you! Go walk around Walmart. I used to work there and we'd have lots of moms walking to go into labor. It's worth a shot![/b]
Thats the frustrating part of all this, some drs dont believe in induction. They think that the baby will come when its ready, and while that is very true, come on, 39 weeks is enough!!!! I was told by a close friend that the one question you should ask your ob is how they feel about induction.

And walking around walmart would just get me in trouble- I cant go in that store and spend less than $50! My husband says I am banned from there or target a because a "quick trip" turns into a shopping spree!

</div>
August 27th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
I used to work there and we'd have lots of moms walking to go into labor.[/b]
Is that why all those hugely pregnant women come in to Walmart and cause me to lock myself in the bathroom??? Meh, I hate work sometimes.

So, Melinda's last post was on the 23rd. It's the 27th. Has she had him yet???

August 27th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Nope, I wish but he is still comfy! Hopefully this week or maybe tommorow (its my Birthday) would be a nice present!!

Sept 2, 2006
August 27th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Maybe he's one of those 5% of babies who arrive on their due date....lol.

Good luck, and here's hoping for tomorrow! (Happy birthday!)

August 29th, 2006, 05:09 AM
hopin4a4rth
((hugs)) I hate going over-due. The practice I had Erich w/ wasn't going to induce me til 2 weeks past due either. I was fully prepared to go over w/ him... what a shock to go into PTL at 31 weeks and then actually have him at 37!!

I hope that you go into labor on your own soon!! It's so hard at the end.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search