First u/s tomorrow

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So, we had our first ultrasound today. I was so nervous beforehand I thought I was going to throw up - I couldn't concentrate at work all morning...but we had the u/s and we saw the baby and a heartbeat!!! It was the most incredible, miraculous thing I think I have ever seen - my husband and I were both in awe. They bumped up my due date a couple of days (makes me happy b/c it means I'll be done with the 1st trimester that much sooner!) and the doctor said the baby is measuring exactly right for 6w4d.

Tomorrow is our 3rd anniversary - this is pretty much the best anniversary present we could have hoped for!

Thank you so much for your good thoughts and well wishes - it made it so much easier to try and stay calm!

Amy
August 29th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dreaded my first u/s- and that is so sad to say, but I wasnt expecting to hear good news at all. I leterally cried and my jaw dropped when there was a heartbeat. After a couple weeks of cramping and spotting, I thought for sure I was doomed for another loss, but it was all good news! I felt so good at that appointment, but then the drive home I was talking myself into not getting to excited- crazy, I know, but I never wanted to be too confident.
Good luck, I am hoping for good news!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
August 29th, 2006, 09:49 PM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first was at 6 weeks due to bleeding, so I thought I was going to confirm that the baby had passed. I started crying and grabbed the cart the machine was on and pulled it right next to me when I saw that little flickering blob.
It is totally normal to be scared to death right now. HUGS - let us know how it goes okay?

</div>
August 30th, 2006, 05:27 AM
hopin4a4rth
Amy,

I dreaded my first ones w/ Erich too. I was sure we'd see no h/b each time. I hope that things go well and you see a nice, strong h/b!!
August 30th, 2006, 07:03 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Absolutely! I had to wait 45 minutes after they called me back and I was a shaking, crying mess by the time the doc came in. I hope you have a good u/s. Please let us know how it goes.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 30th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh good luck sweetie!

I sort of envy you ladies who (while I know you did/will worry the entire pregnancy) can feel some sort of relief with the early ultrasounds and leaving the first trimester (or making it past your "loss mark"). I lost Cora at 38 weeks. I think I'm going to have a very psychotic 8˝ months (because I'm going to MAKE my dr induce me at 38 weeks! I'm not going a second over that!)

August 30th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I dreaded my first u/s- and that is so sad to say, but I wasnt expecting to hear good news at all. I leterally cried and my jaw dropped when there was a heartbeat. After a couple weeks of cramping and spotting, I thought for sure I was doomed for another loss, but it was all good news! I felt so good at that appointment, but then the drive home I was talking myself into not getting to excited- crazy, I know, but I never wanted to be too confident.
Good luck, I am hoping for good news![/b]

I could have wrote that post myself I had/have the same thoughts and feelings ( with having 3 recent miscarriages who wouldn't )

good luck to all..... I will be 14 weeks tomorrow and everything looks great. I worry all the time about every pain and cramp. ( hoping it will end soon )

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 30th, 2006, 01:24 PM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY I'm so happy you got to see that heartbeat. It's the most beautiful thing ever, isn't it??

</div>
August 30th, 2006, 01:50 PM
hopin4a4rth
I'm so happy for you!!

Hope you guys have a WONDERFUL anniversary!!
August 30th, 2006, 02:15 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am very happy for you. Congrats on a great ultrasound!

August 30th, 2006, 02:43 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad you had a good u/s! Seeing that h/b is magical...
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 31st, 2006, 01:49 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations Amy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search