Off Topic: So what's for dinner?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2006, 05:40 AM
hopin4a4rth
Hey All! I have dinner made already and it's 8:40 am!! Well, most of dinner made... I threw a roast in the crock pot this morning and already it's smellin' good.

So what's on your menu for tonight?? Do you plan a weekly/monthly menu or do you just wing it each day?
August 31st, 2006, 09:02 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan a monthly menu and I love it! It keeps me so organized and I never have to wonder "whats for dinner?" Also, grocery shopping is easier too if I know what I need.

Tonight we are having "Breakfast for Dinner"- waffles, bacon (yuck, thats for Ethan), eggs and OJ! Yummy!!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
August 31st, 2006, 11:13 AM
soontobemommyto3
i've been using a service called now wer're cooking it is like dream dinners if you have that near you, but this one is better in my opinion. anyhow they make up 15 dinners a month for me to freeze. they are so good and easy, i just pull something out in the morning and cook it at dinner. on the other days we order pizza and weekly i make spaghetti one night and fajitas or burritos the other night.

i don't want to give up the service but it is expensive so this is our last month.

i usually plan weekly but am thinking of doing it monthly.
August 31st, 2006, 11:32 AM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The frozen dinner service sounds great. I plan nothing and usually decide on my way home from work. DH doesn't get home until much later so other then weekends and maybe one other day a week we never have dinner or lunch together (we do have breakfast together every day though).

Today I am thinking of picking up a Santa Fe Chicken Salad from Earls on my way home.

September 1st, 2006, 10:01 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I haven't really had to do any grocery shopping the last little while, b'cuz DH's sister and her husband came to visit us the first weekend of August and totally filled our cupboards/refridgerator and it's lasted us about a month.

Tonight we're having Red Baron frozen pizza. I went to the store last night to pick up a few things and they were on sale 4 for $10.00 so I picked up a couple.

September 6th, 2006, 05:47 AM
hopin4a4rth
Susan,

I've never heard of that service before. Sounds like a life-saver in a way... seems it's often difficult to come up w/ meals.

Tonight it's Goulash, French bread & salad for dinner here I've started doing a menu again and am trying to get us to only shop twice/month.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search