Who all had to have a D/C after M/C?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Veteran
I had to have a D/C. The doctor told me that conception after D/C can be a little easier due to everything being so cleaned out in there. Also Just wondering who all had to have D/C's and who all miscarried naturally?
May 4th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Jenni's Avatar Super Mommy
I have miscarried naturally three times and I had a D & C after my last miscarriage because it wasn't happening naturally. Fetus just stopped developing.
May 4th, 2005, 06:51 PM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
I had to have a d&c. My baby did not have a heartbeat at 17 weeks and I never m/c on my own. I have a lesion on my cervix now from the d&c that the dr told me could rupture and cause bleeding anytime but it should not harm me or the baby. We actually had a very hard time ttc after m/c.
May 6th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had wanted to m/c naturally, but my body wouldn't allow that. I started to hemmorage and had to have an emergency D&C and then receive 2 pints of blood (should have been 3, but stupid insurance would only cover 2!).

May 13th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
I miscarried naturally. The dr told me it was best, that d&c do carry some risk, though small, and if my body cooperated that would be the best way to go. he told me to start trying immediately because of my age and not to wait for even one AF, just until the hcg was down to zero. After a d&c they usually advise you to wait for at least one AF so the lining can build back up but with a natural that isn't necessary. We had emotional problems though (mainly DH) and had one oops 3 months later and here I am. So we got pregnant again really easily with a natural m/c. I really thought it was too soon after the last AF, evidently not.
May 14th, 2005, 01:02 PM
mama_2c_1m_4p_curpreg1
I had to have a D & C or they said I could have died, I didn't really ask what that even meant I just heard a lot of talk.
May 15th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Regular
I had a D&C done, and emotionally and physically I feel I made the right choice for me.

Marie
</a>
May 17th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Super Mommy
I had d&c's with all of mine through choice. I couldn't face the thought of losing them the 'natural' way as they were all between 10 and 12 weeks when they died.
I also never bled so never actually knew i'd miscarried until my scan - i think seeing the picture of the baby had a lot to do with my decision.

DH - Stephen (34)
DS - Matthew (8)
DD - Holly (6)
DS - Daniel (2)
Angels - Nov 00, Mar 04, Jan 05
May 22nd, 2005, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a D/C after my M/C on December 25th, 2004. I concieved again in April with no problem. Due Jan 2006..I hope this one's healthy.

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
May 24th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Starstryder's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to have a d&c done because I was in so much pain. I think it would have gone natural in time but the back ache started at 12 just before we were gonna have lunch and kept getting worse until 5pm when they finally wheeled me into theatre. I had such a horrible doc tho...at the end I started wondering if he actually went to medical school or just bought his degree off of someone.

It took us a long time to get pregnant again and this one was very much a surprise.

May 24th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Regular
I had a D&C by choice. I couldnt bare the thought of waiting weeks for it to happen naturally, then wait weeks more to try again.
May 24th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did!
May 24th, 2005, 10:20 AM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
i had a d&c with my m/c because with my history of blood loss after childbirth my doc was afraid i would wait too long to get to the hospital if there was a problem. I started to m/c naturally and then everything just stopped so i went ahead and had the d&c. I was 14 weeks preg but the baby had stopped developing at 8 weeks. while the were doing the procedure apparently they knicked my uterus and i had a very bad infection afterwards. that was in jan of 2002 and it took until july of 2002 for us to conceive. my periods were so messed up after that and they kept having to give me something to make them start. so we had some difficulty ttc.
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)
May 29th, 2005, 04:23 AM
steph1989's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a D&C and I am glad I did.....I've heard of some horrible experiences with women passing it through naturally. I could not bare to have to pass it through for weeks of bleeding.

I went to Dr. office for u/s.....there was no heartbeat at 10 weeks, baby stopped growing at almost 9 weeks. My dr. immediately admitted me to hospital........they knocked me out....had
D&C....woke up with no cramping whatsoever and very very light bleeding for 6 - 7 days.....it was as if I were having an extremely light af.......so, for me.....I am glad I had the procedure. I got my 1st AF 4 weeks after D&C.......had a normal af with no problems.

My SIL's Dr. made her pass it through.......he made her wait a week to pass it through, after the week she did not pass it and he gave her meds to start labor contractions (she was at 12 weeks). Well, let me tell you.........she was in crucial pain......it was like going through labor but with no baby at the outcome......she bled and bled and bled.......it was a horrible experience for her. Her Dr. was a jerk and she has dropped him after that.........This happened last Aug. to her and she still has not had a normal AF.

So, I was relieved to have d&c.........
Benjamin Patrick was born on January 26, 2006 at 6:31 PM! 7 lbs. 11.4 oz. 20 1/2"

April 6, 2006 will be our 4th Wedding Anniversary!

June 28th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Veteran
I have had (2) Natural Miscarriages and (1) D&C. Hopefully within a few weeks the doctor will find out what is going on with me. All I want is (1) healthy baby. Is that to much to ask for?
June 28th, 2005, 12:13 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started to m/c at home and hemorrhaged so I went to the ER and I had to have a d&c to stop the bleeding. I really didn't have a choice and I probably would have rather had the d&c then go through it naturally. I just wanted it over with.

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
June 28th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Ethan&amp;Tuckersmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ethan&amp;Tuckersmom
I went naturally im hoping af comes soon i dont want to wait forever ......
<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Ethan David</font>
</center>

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Tucker Alexzander</font>
<a href="http://lilypie.com">
June 29th, 2005, 06:55 AM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
I have never m/c naturaly. I have had two and had a D&C with both.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

July 12th, 2005, 04:14 PM
tattooedjess's Avatar Evie & Anna's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tattooedjess Send a message via Yahoo to tattooedjess
I had a missed abortion at 7w5d but it wasn't detected until 11w4d. The day before the MA, the high risk doc told me I had a healthy fetus, know one could see what was coming. I had been bleeding since 2 weeks after conception. My doc didn't want to perform a D&C and I miscarried naturally the following day (June 15, 2004). I had severe cramping & bleeding & had to rush to the ER. I stayed overnight at the hospital. A week later, I had an ultrasound and the doc said there was still tissue but wanted to see if it passed naturally. I week after that, it finally did. It was the last of my placenta and tiny umbilical cord. I buried it next to a big rock in my parents front yard that I used to play on as a child inside a box I had made with a letter to my baby, a picture of my husband and I on our wedding day & a piece of a pillow case that was mine when I was a baby.

x8
July 12th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just had my D&C on July 6th. We found out on June 30th at almost 10 weeks that the baby had stopped developing between six and seven weeks. I did start spotting on July 2nd, so I guess it was coming anyway, but who knows when it would have really started. I think I made the right decision. If I had had to just wait for it to happen I would have been a mess, and on top of that, if I were by myself, it would be even worse. I only had pain the next day and occassional light pain currently. I can't wait for AF to get here, I hope I'm one of the lucky ones that only has to wait 4 weeks!

"Nothing in this world worth having is easy"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search