I'm new and have a ? re: helping older sister cope

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Regular
Hi Everyone! I am so happy to be pregnant again!!! We lost our Angel on November 11, 2004 at 13 weeks. We had told our daughter Sydney (she's a mature 4 1/2) right away about the pregnancy. Guess we figured nothing would go wrong. We have all grieved, especially Sydney, as this was a sibling she had prayed for. We are pregnant again (YIPEE!) and due January 7th. We plan to wait quite a while longer before telling her this time. When we do, we know she will have questions re: this sibling vrs. Angel. Will this baby come live with us? Why didn't Angel? Etc. So I was wondering..... does anyone know of any really good books for children dealing with miscarriage and pregnancy after miscarriage. We have a strong faith, but religious or not, ANYTHING would help. Thanks so much!!!
Christine

PS Hope can I deal with the FEAR???? I feel like I have a cold hand around my heart and that Angel's death is stealing the joy from this pregnancy. I am afraid to get "too attached" and feel awful about it!

Thanks
May 5th, 2005, 12:24 PM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
Hello and welcome. All of the fears you have are normal. I went through them too and at 23 weeks I am finally starting to feel good about this pregnancy. I have two daughters and they were 4 and 6 when I had my m/c. When we told them about this pg they did not even bring up the previous one. Four year olds are very smart so I would tell her that she will be a big sister(when you are ready of course.) If she asks questions then be honest. If mine ask about the previous pg then I will tell them that the baby went to heaven because he was too sick to be born. I have always believed that being truthful with children is best. The only thing I would do is make sure and keep it short and simple. If she wants to know more then she will ask. Hope that helps. Good luck!
May 10th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by whipper92@May 4 2005, 09:24 PM
Hi Everyone! I am so happy to be pregnant again!!! We lost our Angel on November 11, 2004 at 13 weeks. We had told our daughter Sydney (she's a mature 4 1/2) right away about the pregnancy. Guess we figured nothing would go wrong.* We have all grieved, especially Sydney, as this was a sibling she had prayed for. We are pregnant again (YIPEE!) and due January 7th. We plan to wait quite a while longer before telling her this time. When we do, we know she will have questions re: this sibling vrs. Angel. Will this baby come live with us? Why didn't Angel? Etc. So I was wondering..... does anyone know of any really good books for children dealing with miscarriage and pregnancy after miscarriage. We have a strong faith, but religious or not, ANYTHING would help. Thanks so much!!!
Christine

PS* Hope can I deal with the FEAR????* I feel like I have a cold hand around my heart and that Angel's death is stealing the joy from this pregnancy.* I am afraid to get "too attached" and feel awful about it!

Thanks
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
May 10th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Regular
Thanks for the support. I am feeling better every day. Am praying for an early ultrasound to see the heartbeat and give some peace. At least we know our little ones are in heaven. Thanks again for the reply.
Christine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search