Ultrasound

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Regular
Hello...I went in to have an ultrasound..according to my LMP I should be about 7 weeks and 3 days...but according to my u/s it was only about 6 weeks and 2 days.....and the heartbeat was about 100 is this okay??
September 4th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know about the heartbeat, but when I went in for a u/s last week I was 6w6d from LMP, but the baby measured 6w0d. The u/s tech said it was nothing to worry about. I think it means I ovulated later than CD14, which is normal. Does that sound like it might have also happened for you?
I wish I knew more about the heartbeats. Ours was 133, but I have no idea what that means.
I hope everything turns out well.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

September 4th, 2006, 06:47 PM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
From what I was told - h/b that early is all over in range, AND hard to read depending on the machine and tech, so I would not stress about that - yeah, not easy for us, I know.
At my 6 week u/s I measured small too, I was told it's not uncommon at all, and by 8 1/2 weeks, I was big, and at 20 weeks, I was right on. So I think every baby just grows a bit different.

</div>
September 5th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
At my first ultrasound with Cora, they moved my due date from May 9th to May 14th because she was measuring 5 days smaller than she should have been. But the Dr. said the machine couldn't read heartrate. However, at another ultrasound the tech did it, so I think he just didn't know how to check it. lol!

September 5th, 2006, 11:29 AM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's very common to be off a few days to a week at the first ultrasound unless you are using your ovulation date not last menstrual period date and you are sure when you ovulated. Not all of us ovulate on CD 14. As for the heartbeat, I think it tends to be very variable that early on. Unless your doctor is concerned, I wouldn't be (although I know this is easier said then done).

Good luck.

September 6th, 2006, 05:37 AM
hopin4a4rth
Yah, it's very common to be a little off on days... all it takes is a teeny twitch in the measuring and you could be a day or more off. As for the h/b, sounds ok to me. I understand your worries tho...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!
September 6th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You know..the ultrasound picture..it looks like the doctor could have gone over another dot...

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search