So I peeked in at the May DDC

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Maybe it's just because I picked the wrong thread, and they're all complaining. "I'm so tired" or "I'm so sick"!

Honestly, I'm tired and sick enough that I'm pretty sure I AM pregnant.

But you won't hear me complaining about it. I actually basically told them to shut up and stop complaining and enjoy it in one post, but the next 3 posts were more complaints, so I don't think I'll be heading over there when I get my bfp.

Meh, I'm just grumpy today. I should go eat some ice cream (even though it upsets my stomach!!)

September 6th, 2006, 12:47 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel. It's hard to see women complain about being pregnant after you have been through a miscarriage or stillbirth.

But even with this pregnancy, after my mc, I felt miserable in my first trimester and I am pretty sure I posted a few times complaining about my ms. I guess my point is that you can feel pretty lucky and blessed and still miserable. LOL

September 6th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Probably. I mean, I reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally hope I don't get as sick this time as I did last time (although the nausea already at 4dpo like last time isn't a good sign!). Last time I had reason to complain though. I was in the ER at 10 weeks for an IV, then put on medication, and was still throwing up 3 days before Cora was born. I was reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally sick.

But I haven't complained nearly as much so far (even though today I'm wearing a sports bra instead of my regular bra because my boobs hurt so bad!). And I won't. I'm determined to enjoy my next pregnancy, if only to make up for complaining so much when that's all the time I had with Cora.

September 6th, 2006, 03:41 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Probably. I mean, I reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally hope I don't get as sick this time as I did last time (although the nausea already at 4dpo like last time isn't a good sign!). Last time I had reason to complain though. I was in the ER at 10 weeks for an IV, then put on medication, and was still throwing up 3 days before Cora was born. I was reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally sick.

But I haven't complained nearly as much so far (even though today I'm wearing a sports bra instead of my regular bra because my boobs hurt so bad!). And I won't. I'm determined to enjoy my next pregnancy, if only to make up for complaining so much when that's all the time I had with Cora.[/b]
I hope you are pregnant! Sure sounds like you are. When are you testing?

September 6th, 2006, 03:52 PM
soontobemommyto3
You are entitled to your feelings, certainly. But I don't think you should be so hard on them for complaining. Pregnancy is very hard. I felt bad about complaining towards the end of mine, but you can't help it. It is uncomfortable, it does hurt and it helps to find others who are feeling the same way. Complaining about pregnancy does not mean you don't love your baby or that you don't love being pregnant. I too wanted to enjoy every second of my pregnancy because I had lost my last baby this one was going to be my last regardless of outcome. Even so, I found myself complaining towards the end.

It is also normal when you have lost a baby to be upset about other people who don't seem to take their pregnancy seriously enough. Personally I wish I had been one of those. Going through 9 months of worry, stress and more worry was very hard on me. I remember coming here and saying I hate to complain because I so want this baby but my feet are swollen, my back hurts, etc... I was 37 weeks pregnant when we had 2 weeks of 100+ degree weather. I was miserable.
September 6th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Susan: You know what? You're right. *sigh* And I even applied to be a cohost of that board (well, if I'm really pregnant anyway). I was just reeeeaaaally grumpy earlier today.

September 6th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I was just reeeeaaaally grumpy earlier today.[/b]
It happens, especially if you are pg!

I have been feeling a little guilty lately for complaining to DH about the fatigue and nausea, since after two mcs you'd think I would just be happy to be pg at all, but it really is tough. What's worse is that my pg symptoms have been worse with each pg. I had no nausea and very little fatigue with the first mc, more with the second, and now with #3 I'm usually either falling asleep standing up or trying not to barf 24/7.

I hope you are pg!

Need Breastfeeding Support?

September 6th, 2006, 10:46 PM
I'm becoming more and more sure I am. I'm just so scared it's just hallucination!!

September 7th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Vickey
lol yeah I was really frustrated for awhile with the ddc boards, but I don't have the time nor energy to keep up with those ladies and their post. So I will stick to my other boards....

Hi all, first post on here...I will make a introduction about myself in another.
September 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am in the May DDC. I have been ignoring most of the posts regarding p/g symptoms because I have found in the past (after my first loss) that they just upset me. However, if I do reply to one where people are complaining, I simply say that I will be happy to have whatever symptoms that I am lucky enough to be blessed with as long as I can bring home a baby in the end. I don't want to rain on their parade, because I wish I was lucky enough to be naieve like they are, thinking nothing is going to happen. However, since we are still early in our p/g's, and most of the posts are about appointments and tests, I frequently mention my losses in my posts.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

September 7th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i agree with susan- i promised myself i would enjoy every minute of this last pregnancy and it wasnt til the end that i started complaining- and even then i felt guilty for complaining! but i was lucky to not have a single ounce of m/s this time around, so who knows how bad my complaints wouldve been. but i can honestly say i treasured 99% of this pregnancy and i already miss it! if i cant ever be pregnant again, i can recognize how blessed i already am!

...and brittanie, i was annoyed with my ddc too, to the point that i stopped posting and lurking at about 5 months along. their complaining made them seem ungrateful to me and along with some of them being super annoying, it was too irratating for me!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search