If you are taking progesterone...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies-

I picked up my "lovely" suppositories yesterday and they are 200 mg and I'm suppose to "stick 'em you know where" twice daily. So that's 400 mg total....doesn't that seem like a lot? I thought 200 mg was plenty! I am going to call my dr. on Tuesday (she's not in the office Monday) and make sure that's right.

In the mean time, I'm just taking one suppository a day. What do you ladies think I should do?

Jen
September 11th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Jen!!! I think that everyone is different as to how much progesterone they were/are on.

I started my progesterone on CD18, 100mg, 3x day. Mine was pill form, which is much nicer. I took the progesterone until week 13. It is kind of scary to just stop, but I am now 24 weeks and everything is looking good.

I would call your dr, just to make sure. Better to be safe than sorry.

Amy

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

September 11th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
I was also on progesterone vaginally for the first 13 weeks and I was on exactly what you are - 200mg twice a day in the morning and at night. My dr didn't seem like it was high when he gave it to me or anything at all. You'll get used to it believe me - its not as easy as just popping the pill form but it has worked for me (knock on wood!!) Good luck to you!! My only recommendation (I'm sure your dr told you this) is to just always wear a pad because I remember freaking out with how much I felt like came right back out (sorry way too TMI!!!!)

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
September 11th, 2006, 07:17 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My progesterone was at 27, but doc put me on supp's anyway, just to make sure this one stuck. I had to do 200 mg once/day. Progesterone has a really short half-life, so the supp's give you the maximum absorbtion. They're messy, but worth it. And once the placenta takes over, you'll stop taking it, so anywhere from 8-13 weeks. And definitely wear a pad or liner.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 11th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Super Mommy
i was on 800 mg a day. it probably depends on what your level was and how it is rising. i don't think 400 mg is a lot.

~Tracy~

September 11th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies!!!! I'll start taking the other one today and call my dr. just to make sure.

Jen

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search