Have any of you ladies had to take shots to prevent blood clots

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Super Mommy
I am being put on a shot that I have to give myself one time a day. It is a blood thinner and it is used to prevent clotting. I just found out about it this morning and was hoping to hear from someone else that has had to do the same.
8 wonderful kids - 2 girls and 6 boys
5 angel babies
Our little treasure
Emerald Rosalyn Faith born Oct.17th

JOY IS A CHOICE!!!!
September 13th, 2006, 03:39 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I can't really help but I just wanted to respond to your post. Maybe you could also post on the high risk pg board as some ladies there might have dealt with this.

Take care.

September 13th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Super Mommy
just wanted to let you know i responded in your ddc.

~Tracy~

September 14th, 2006, 02:51 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are also welcome to post this in the recurrent loss board (there is a subforum for pg) - we have a gal there that is very knowledgeable on this issue & has been going through diagnosis herself. I think she would be happy to discuss or share whatever she knows about it. She seems to work in the research/medical field & has a great understanding of blood clotting disorders. You can link in my siggy by clicking on the fairie picture.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

September 18th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to naybutterfly1
I am on Lovenox injection twice daily to prevent blood clots. I like you never had an issue with blood clotting before... it just shows itself in my pregnancies. I had a stillborn at 37 weeks and went on to have a miscarriage right after that. It wasn't until I got pregnant again that I finally crossed paths with a Dr who did the blood clotting studies on me. He sent me to a Hematologist who put me on Lovenox once daily but when I had my next u/s it showed the baby had stopped developing about 2 days or so before I even got on the shots. My hematologist is very aggressive with his care... which is something that put my mind at ease.... He would rather over treat than undertreat and so far in this pregnancy everything is moving along wonderfully. I am on 60 mg doses 12 hours apart and let me tell you... they are a real pain in the a**... but very worth it!!! Please don't attempt to do them in your legs... it gives the nastiest bruises, so I finally got over my fear and started giving them to myself in my stomach. Actually I end up giving them most frequently under my breasts since my belly is getting bigger and harder and doing the shots there freaks me out. It seems that after months and months of giving these shots my skin has seemed to toughen up a bit which hurts more when trying to get the needle through. Plus the liguid itself feels like fire... but again I say VERY worth it!!! Just take the shots one at a time and you will get used to it. Trust me, I am the person who nearly passes out when I see needles so this was HUGE for me to overcome but if I did it anyone can. Best of luck and if you have any more questions feel free to PM me.
September 18th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My doctor thinks I might have a blood clotting issue..I am going to see a hematologist later this month...I kinda hope this is the issue with us just because it sounds like if it is..another miscarriage more than likely can be prevented....

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
September 19th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Regular
After I had three miscarriages my doctors found that I have something called anticardiolipin antibody syndrome. I started out having two shots of Heparin a day until I was 11 weeks pregnant, then I went to Lovenox once a day. They do hurt and get worse towards the end of your pregnancy, but they are totally worth it!!! I have a beautiful 2 week old boy now!!!
September 21st, 2006, 03:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to naybutterfly1
Quote:
My doctor thinks I might have a blood clotting issue..I am going to see a hematologist later this month...I kinda hope this is the issue with us just because it sounds like if it is..another miscarriage more than likely can be prevented....[/b]
Good luck at the Hematologist...I hope you get some answers sweetie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search