Had Appt Last Night

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2006, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
So I had my routine checkup yesterday and my dr actually asked me if I've started having any contractions at all (I'm 30 weeks) and I said no.....then of course on my way home I was like, I dont think I have but being that this is my first I have no idea what they would feel like!! Just out of curiousity what would it feel like and is it routine for him to ask me if I've had any already??? Now he's got me worried!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
September 27th, 2006, 07:12 AM
nmbatey's Avatar Regular
The contractions the dr is talking about are Braxton-Hicks..I started getting them around 26 weeks and you'll know you're havng one when you feel your uterus tighten. Mine tightens to the point that it takes my breath away. There is generally no pain involved, and you can ease them by getting up if you've been lying down, lying down if you've been up and about, drinking water (they say they can be brought on by dehydration), or emptying your bladder.

Ok - when I say your uterus tightens, I mean it really gets hard. If you've been having intercourse at all, it will be the way your uterus feels after you have an orgasm - hard as a rock. There really is no rhyme or reason to them - you just need to make sure that you don't have more than 4 in one hour - if so, you need to check with your dr.

September 27th, 2006, 07:32 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't worry if you get them. I started with the Braxton-Hicks at about 20 weeks. It does feel like just a tightening of your uterus. They didn't hurt then but as I got further and further along I was ready to punch anyone in the face that said Braxton-Hicks don't hurt. Mine actually would last for a few hours and were timeable (usually about 8-10 minutes apart) and then they would go away (that was in my last trimester). It's perfectly normal to get them and perfectly normal to not get any at all. It's like your body practicing for the big day. Laying down usually got rid of them for me and drinking a lot of water.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

September 27th, 2006, 08:59 AM
mommymel78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't worry probably a routine question. Trust me you'll know when you have them. It's like no other feeling in the world.

</div>
September 27th, 2006, 09:20 AM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a routine question to me. I think at this point we are having them but some of us just don't feel them. I personally haven't felt any at all.

September 27th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think they feel like gas!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
September 27th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
For me, w/Cora, braxton hicks would make my belly feel very heavy. I stook up once and then got that heavy feeling, and when I put my hand on my belly it was rock-hard. I think that's when I first realized what it was.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search