Dr. Appointment

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
Hi all - I am just wondering when most of you had your first doctors appointment after being pregnant after a miscarriage. My doctors office said the bloodwork looked good (it tripled in 48 hours) so they made my first appointment for June 2nd which would knock on wood put me at around 8 weeks by then - should they be seeing me sooner considering I did have a m/c?? I'm eager to see them sooner to see if everything looks okay but I wasn't sure if that is standard...thanks!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
May 16th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Well no not really, your lucky you got in at 8 weeks. Your not considered high risk and they won't try to find a problem unless you've had 2 miscarriages, and some drs even 3. The standard is 12 weeks to be seen. It is very nerve racking I know, but that they ran your blood work and that it trippled is the best sign there is. They probably won't even see a heartbeat if they tried to do an ultrasound now and you would just be worried even more. The heart beat doesn't usually show up until somewhere in the 6th week and you would have to be exact about your dates. Having you in now really isn't going to tell them much at this point. That bloodwork though tells them and you that things are progressing as they should. If anything you could ask for the blood work again, its just a trip to the lab and it would reassure you that your numbers are still rising as they should. I know its hard, but it sounds like things are actually going pretty well with numbers like that. Try to hold on for these few weeks.
May 16th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Linda you are my savior I swear!!! I called my doctor this morning to see if they will do an ultrasound at my first appointment and they said that that particular office's machine only really shows after 14 weeks but their other machine in the other (they have 2 office locations) office shows earlier. So I asked if I could have my appointment over in the other office that shows earlier and if I could get an ultrasound done and they said they need to get an OK by my doctor that he will do the ultrasound because it is early. He isn't in today so I will find out tomorrow if he is willing to let them schedule me for one. I don't see why it would be a problem but what do I know. I also asked if maybe they can move it up a week but I don't know - I don't want to go and see nothing like you said because I'm too early. Maybe you're right and I should just have my blood re-done to get some peace of mind. I think I will wait to speak to them tomorrow and see if he ok'd the ultrasound and then I'll leave it and if he doesn't then I'll ask to get the blood re-done. If I go at like 7 weeks or 8 will they be able to see a hearbeat on the ultrasound?

I'm not sure who I'm driving crazier - my husband, the nurses in the doctors office or you!! Hahah you've been so GREAT! Thanks!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
May 16th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Quote:
Originally posted by he910@May 16 2005, 12:23 PM
Linda you are my savior I swear!!! I called my doctor this morning to see if they will do an ultrasound at my first appointment and they said that that particular office's machine only really shows after 14 weeks but their other machine in the other (they have 2 office locations) office shows earlier.* So I asked if I could have my appointment over in the other office that shows earlier and if I could get an ultrasound done and they said they need to get an OK by my doctor that he will do the ultrasound because it is early.* He isn't in today so I will find out tomorrow if he is willing to let them schedule me for one.* I don't see why it would be a problem but what do I know.* I also asked if maybe they can move it up a week but I don't know - I don't want to go and see nothing like you said because I'm too early.* Maybe you're right and I should just have my blood re-done to get some peace of mind.* I think I will wait to speak to them tomorrow and see if he ok'd the ultrasound and then I'll leave it and if he doesn't then I'll ask to get the blood re-done.* If I go at like 7 weeks or 8 will they be able to see a hearbeat on the ultrasound?

I'm not sure who I'm driving crazier - my husband, the nurses in the doctors office or you!! Hahah you've been so GREAT! Thanks!*
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

LOL! Your welcome
Yes they should see a heartbeat around 7 weeks if your sure when you ovulated and 8 weeks for sure. If you ovulated late though and the baby is really only 6 weeks it might not show. he'll probably ok it at 8 weeks for sure, they are usually a little more willing to do that when there has been a miscarriage involved. But those numbers are the surest sign at this point.
May 16th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by linda11567+May 16 2005, 02:00 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-he910
Quote:
@May 16 2005, 12:23 PM
Linda you are my savior I swear!!! I called my doctor this morning to see if they will do an ultrasound at my first appointment and they said that that particular office's machine only really shows after 14 weeks but their other machine in the other (they have 2 office locations) office shows earlier.* So I asked if I could have my appointment over in the other office that shows earlier and if I could get an ultrasound done and they said they need to get an OK by my doctor that he will do the ultrasound because it is early.* He isn't in today so I will find out tomorrow if he is willing to let them schedule me for one.* I don't see why it would be a problem but what do I know.* I also asked if maybe they can move it up a week but I don't know - I don't want to go and see nothing like you said because I'm too early.* Maybe you're right and I should just have my blood re-done to get some peace of mind.* I think I will wait to speak to them tomorrow and see if he ok'd the ultrasound and then I'll leave it and if he doesn't then I'll ask to get the blood re-done.* If I go at like 7 weeks or 8 will they be able to see a hearbeat on the ultrasound?

I'm not sure who I'm driving crazier - my husband, the nurses in the doctors office or you!! Hahah you've been so GREAT! Thanks!*
LOL! Your welcome
Yes they should see a heartbeat around 7 weeks if your sure when you ovulated and 8 weeks for sure. If you ovulated late though and the baby is really only 6 weeks it might not show. he'll probably ok it at 8 weeks for sure, they are usually a little more willing to do that when there has been a miscarriage involved. But those numbers are the surest sign at this point.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

Ok sounds good - I'll let you know if the give me an appointment earlier tomorrow when I talk to them - hopefully they realize I'm neurotic and help me out! I can't be the first person to do this to them I figure! I feel like seeing something on the screen will hopefully reassure me all is okay (knock on wood!!!)

[/url]
May 17th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you've only had one m/c, most doctors will just treat you as a normal ob patient the next time you get pg. I didn't have my first prenatal appointment until I was about 12 weeks, as my doctor normally sees you when you are 10 weeks, but that put me a couple days before Christmas, which he was going to be out of town for a couple weeks due to the holidays. It was torture waiting that long, but my friend let me borrow her fetal doppler, so I knew everything was okay with my baby before my first appointment.

8 weeks sounds pretty good for your first appointment. The only time they'd really see you sooner than that is if you've had multiple m/c's.

May 17th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Brandon'sMommy@May 17 2005, 10:19 AM
If you've only had one m/c, most doctors will just treat you as a normal ob patient the next time you get pg.* I didn't have my first prenatal appointment until I was about 12 weeks, as my doctor normally sees you when you are 10 weeks, but that put me a couple days before Christmas, which he was going to be out of town for a couple weeks due to the holidays.* It was torture waiting that long, but my friend let me borrow her fetal doppler, so I knew everything was okay with my baby before my first appointment.*

8 weeks sounds pretty good for your first appointment.* The only time they'd really see you sooner than that is if you've had multiple m/c's.
[/quote]

Thanks so much - I guess I just wanted to make sure I shouldn't be seen sooner. I feel like some people were saying they were seen before 6 weeks so I was concerned! Thanks!

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search