10/8/06 Update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well ladies I am still in the hospital...and baby is still cooking.

I still have a short cervix which will be checked again this week. Not sure which day though. And I am still having contractions. I have tried the celendek (sp), procardia and terbulatine and magnesium sulfate. Right now, the mag is working the best for me. I am on 2grams/hour. I still have contractions on the mag, but they are able to control it better.

Right now, I am trying to get to 28 weeks. Dr's want me to get to 32 weeks. That is too far ahead for me to think. There is no longer talk about me getting out of the hospital which is really depressing. People think that being here and not doing anything would be great. Well, try it yourself. IT SUCKS!!!! I have not been outside in a week, haven't listened to the radio in almost 2, and haven't seen my dogs in forever it seems like. My family and friends have been great with coming to visit me, but it is still hard. We live 1 hour away from the hospital that I am and my husband has to drive the opposite way to get to work, so I don't get to see him that much during the week. I am hanging in though.

Keep us in your prayers!!!!

Amy

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

October 8th, 2006, 05:11 AM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh - HUGS! I would go nuts on bedrest, NOT one of those people who think it would be great!

I'm glad they've found something that is working a bit, I hope baby can stay in there and bake some more, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

</div>
October 8th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel for you hun and I am sending you lots of prayers and hugs. I hope that baby can stay in there for as long as possible.

I was in the hosp. for 6 days with each pg. Yep, it stinks. Can someone bring you an ipod or a radio or something?

I hope you have a cel phone and/or a laptop so you can email and stay connected online.

hugs................
<div align="center"></div>
October 8th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh man that sucks that you're still in the hospital! But I'm glad you're still pregnant. Well, you only have 1 more day until your goal of 28 weeks (by your ticker anyway)! Just take it a day and a week at a time. I hope you can make it to 32, but as you know, each day the baby stays is good!

Maybe DH can bring you some books to read?

I'm not one of those that would like bedrest either!

October 8th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was on bedrest with ethan for nearly 6 weeks and it was horrible!!!! I cant imagine having to be stuck in the hospital for that long, man do I feel your pain! At least baby is still cooking, thats the best thing right now. On the brightside, if youre like me, you will be so anxious to be on your feet again that you will be up and around as soon as your epidural wears off, so you miss the hard parst of recovery altogether! I was up cleaning my hospital room and then out and about every day after I was released from the hospital when Ethan was still in the NICU. I got everything ready for his homecoming that week, since I couldnt get anything done on bedrest!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
October 8th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry that your stuck in the hospital. Maybe hubby could bring you tons of magazines to pass the day away.

October 9th, 2006, 07:50 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're still in the hospital, but glad they're keeping the contractions under control and keeping baby cooking. Most hospitals have a volunteer with a cart of books and magazines. They also have patient advocates that can be a wonderful help, especially since DH can't be there all the time. You might ask them for a radio, to break up the monotony of daytime TV.

You're still in my prayers. Keep us posted as you get time on the computer!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 10th, 2006, 02:27 AM
Vickey
Keep cooking the lil one!!!!! I can't even imagin how bored and restless you must be...I will be thinking about you and wishing and praying for you not to go into labor for a few more weeks at least!!!
October 10th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
I'm glad to hear they are able to control the contractions better and keep him cooking in there! I'm sorry to hear you have to stay there and I'm sure its just as lonely and boring as you say - think of it as your last time to get some R&R!! Best of luck and cook little one!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search