I think it's happening again

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2006, 07:40 AM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I have to talk to someone about it. When I tested yesterday I used a First Reponse test, then a digital at about 6 pm ( I didn't use FMU for the first one). Anyway, they were both positive-the First response was positive but faint. This morning I tested again with FMU and the test isn't any darker than yesterdays. This is exactly what happened last time. My tests just kept getting lighter than I started to bleed. The day after my first positive I went to the dr and they did one and it was negative. I tested again when I got home and it was positive but very very light. I'm so scared of losing this baby now. I go to the dr tomorrow and I am terrified the test will be negative. I just wanna curl up in a ball and hide.
October 11th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there - and welcome! Hang in there...if this helps at all, with this pregnancy, I tested positive with FMU at 11dpo with a regular test, then tested positive again that afternoon with what I thought was really diluted urine with a digital (I could NOT believe I tested positive that early with a digital)...then, at 14dpo, I had been cramping all day so took a digital in the afternoon with what I thought was pretty undiluted urine and it was negative. I FREAKED out...I waited a couple of days and tested positive again with a regular test. (I never took another digital test - I was too freaked out...) And here I am, 12 and 1/2 weeks later...so, try to hang in there - sometimes the tests can be weird...I totally understand about being freaked out. It was not until I got my rented doppler that I stopped being a complete mess before doctor's appointments...I just about had a nervous breakdown before our first u/s because I was so convinced the doctors wouldn't find anything...but they did. And the chances are you'll be ok, too. Welcome to the board - I'm so sorry for your loss, but the ladies here are wonderful and will able to help you through!!! I know how scary it is to get pregnant so soon after a loss - I didn't even have a period in between my 2nd m/c and getting pregnant this time.

Amy
October 11th, 2006, 09:17 AM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did this too When I called my doctor all freaked out - they simply told me that a HPT is to detect if you are pregnant, not HOW pregnant you are. So don't worry too much about the line darkness. Let your doc know how worried you are, maybe they can run blood work for a few days so you can see how your numbers are going.

</div>
October 11th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me

I'll be praying for you sweetie!!

October 11th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
<div align="center"></div>
October 11th, 2006, 05:11 PM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
I feel a little better. I took a dollar store test and it was pretty dark *sigh* I'm just an emotional wreck right now. I go to the dr in the morning and am going to ask her to do blood work for a few days. I'm afraid she's going to laugh at me because my last pg and m/c wasn't diagnosed by a dr.
October 11th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With this pregnancy I took a hpt a day before af was due to arrive and got a faint + so I tested again with the same brand first response and got another faint positive so the next day I went to the doctors and they took a preganncy test and it was a very faint positive but the nurse said it was negative so Iw ient home bought another test different brand and got another faint positive. then a few days later I went back tot he doctors and got a definate darker positive. Try not to worry.

October 12th, 2006, 10:16 AM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try not to worry. I also tested with First Response Early at 11 DPO and then every day (morning and night) for a week. It took several days for the test lines to get any darker. At 11 DPO the line was barely there and didn't get any darker the next day or the next. I promised myself that if I am ever TTC again I will only use the digital tests. If you are still concerned ask your Dr to measure your hCG levels through a blood test.

October 12th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When I 1st took a HPT I think I was right were you are now
3 weeks + days. I took first respone test and it was really faint ( and went away when I went to go look at if again 30 mins later, there was no line at all ) so that afternoon I took the 2nd test that was in the pack and it was still really faint. I called my doctor the next d ay and after lots of medicine and careful watch from the doctor. Here I am at 20 weeks. Hang in there and keep us updated.

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search