Very wierd indeed

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok this is a little bit off the topic. I am still a bit jittery over this.

In 2003 my maternal grandmother passed away on, April 27th. One year later me son was born. It was one of the most heavenly anniversary gifts. I spent the last 2 weeks with my grandmother before she had passed. It gave me a wonderful reason to celebrate this day.

I just had my baby girl this September 29th, she is beautiful and perfect in everyway. I named her after her my paternal grandmother. She had passed away in 1981 and never really got to know her, but I always felt a connection. I always hope for the opprtunity to honor her by giving my daughter her name. I was so lucky I got the chance.

So the past few weeks have been great. Me and my sister were doing some family tree stuff on the internet. I came across my grandmothers info, born/died info. It said she had passed away in Septmember of 1981. I then spoke with my mother and she freaked me out telling me that she had passed away on September 29th. She still was unsure and asked my father of course, but you know men sometimes they don't remember things the same as woman, even if it is his mother. So I called my Aunt I needed to know for sure. And my mother was right, my grandmother died Sept. 29th. I am so jittery what are the odds?

My maternal grandmother died April 27th 2003, my son was born April 27th 2004.
My paternal grandmother died September 29th 1981, my daughter was born September 29th 2006.

I don't know what to make of this, in a strange way I would like to think there souls were returned to me to love an nurture.
October 14th, 2006, 02:14 PM
oh my goodness that is freaky. Didn't you also have some things with dates with your loss? You should become a numerologist I swear!

It is very sweet though - it is like they are connected to your grandmas. Once maybe but twice - something is definately connected.

I don't have anything like that.

How are you doing with baby? How is your son adjusting? It can be so hard for the first to get used to having another around. My oldest still wants to give her brother back
October 15th, 2006, 02:24 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's awesome. The odds have to be amazing. My sis had her son on the annoversary of my grma's passing too. It did my mom a world of good - as she had been hit hard by loosing her mom & it finally gave her something good for that date. I think it's a blessing. I hope you & your littel ones are doing great.
B - Crazy momma to my two boys
We've begun to raise daughters more like sons... but few have the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters. ~Gloria Steinem

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 15th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
That's amazing! I bet they and your grandmothers planned it!
Thanks to babydoll213 for the siggy! My kids' blog Cora's blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search