Am I the only one??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2006, 06:26 PM
tdjjjjf's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everytime I use the RR I check the tp and keep expecting to find AF or blood. I am trying so hard not to obsess about this. I have to go pee and then I think oh I feel alittle wet I must be bleeding and I run and check!! I must be a nut case!! How do I overcome this?

Donna
October 14th, 2006, 06:50 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You aren't the only one. I still check every time that I use the RR and the one or two times that I haven't checked, I've worried that I was missing the first signs of a m/c. All you can do is take it one day at a time and maybe it will get better with time.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

October 14th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This may or may not help you, but I have had spotting off and on my entire pg, so I check all the time too. However, at this point I'm proof that if you do see a little blood, it may not mean everything is over. I don't know what to tell you about feeling the need to check all the time - you may start to feel better as you get further along, or you may want to keep checking the whole pg. EIther way, its okay. Whatever helps you make it through the day.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

October 14th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Nancy
I still check and in the beginning I would go to the RR just to check. I think it is part of being pg after a loss.
October 14th, 2006, 10:38 PM
wclark602002's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im still guilty of this i havent stopped yet so im guessin its gonna go this way the whole time.

Virtapay, alternative to paypal...its FREE!!!
http://www.virtapay.com/r/wclark602002
October 15th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your not the only one I still do that.

October 15th, 2006, 02:11 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shoot - I wore a pad for hte longest time (until it caused an irritation & the Dr said I should stop ). I have times that are better - but as of right now - I still check too. Wish I didn't feel compelled to - but not sure what I can do to feel better - so I say it's pretty harmless as far as obsessions go.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 15th, 2006, 02:33 PM
MomE212's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MomE212 Send a message via MSN to MomE212 Send a message via Yahoo to MomE212
I think all of us have been there. I still catch myself doing that and I am 21 weeks.

I have been Hit by the the 2006 Snowball: MarineWife906 2, Tatfox 1, mommyagain 1, doornail_dorothy 1Surprise Mama 1,<span style="color:#CC0000"> lydsnrobs1stbaby 1
October 18th, 2006, 06:54 AM
ypperin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I check every time myself, and I don't think it's going to stop..... just something that I have learned to accept with this pg

October 19th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
You know, I've always checked the TP, pretty much from the time I started puberty and "stuff" started happening down ther! It's a habit for me! So I do, although I'm not all that nervous.

October 19th, 2006, 08:53 PM
tabitwhe's Avatar Super Mommy
I am 12 weeks now and have not had any spotting. With Alex i did several times. I always check the TP! and If I accidently drop it without thinking I so it again making sure I dont see any signs. I promise you are not the only one and you are not nuts. I thought I was but now i know (thanks to you)
October 19th, 2006, 09:08 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Hell, I'm so used to it, I'm 6 weeks past birth and I still do it. Hehe. I was so lacking in sleep right at birth that I actually came to DH crying when more of my mucus plug came out. I managed to sob out, "I think it's happening again." I woke up every day of my last trimester thinking that I was getting my period...until I realized that I was pregnant. Even now, with him safely home with me, I STILL panic that I'm miscarrying. Hmph.

It's perfectly normal to keep checking when you've had it happen before. We could all tell you to relax and not worry, but we also all know darn well that you'll just keep doing it right 'til the end!!!

October 23rd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I still check every time I use the washroom, and did end up with some spotting that ended up being nothing.
October 24th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have relented to the fact that I will check the tp until I have given birth. And even then, I think I've developed such a habit, I'll probably still do it then, lol. Old habits die hard. Whatever gets you through the day!
October 24th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What's crazy for me is that I have had a fair bit of spotting, at least once every few weeks, so when I check the TP, it's like, "Well, yup... there it is... more spotting." So I still check, but even if I see something it doesn't mean anything's wrong.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

October 25th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yep I agree with you all I am sure I will still be checking it till BIRTH DAY

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
October 26th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You are perfectly normal to feel this way.
I started checking yesterday. It was about this time, last pg that I started seeing pink.
I was thinking yesterday that I feel the same as I did w/Macy and we lost her. Not a good sign, but so far today, I feel better.
<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search