should I tell?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Regular
I had a miscarriage back in May. My husband and I had just found out we were expecting, and it broke both of our hearts when it happened. We didn't even have time to tell any of our family that I was pregnant. Now I'm pregnant again. I'm so afraid I'm going to have another miscarriage. I'm further along now then I was before, but you never know if it's going to happen again. My husband really wants to tell his family that we're expecting, but I don't think I could deal with everyone knowing if I have another miscarriage. I'm starting my seventh week right now, and I think it's too soon to tell anyone. How long should I make him wait before I let him go wild with the news?
October 15th, 2006, 06:39 PM
alteregoeleanore's Avatar Member
First of all, I'm very sorry for the loss of your baby in May.

Second, HUGE congrats on your new baby!! YAY!!

Only you will know how long is long enough to wait before sharing such great news! I understand what you are feeling--have been there myself, and hopefully will be again!! In my case, my DH and I will tell our kids as soon as we know, but then we will keep it a family secret--likely until I hit my second trimester. My first miscarriage was at 7 weeks and my second was at 10 weeks.

Anyway, again, and take good care!

October 15th, 2006, 07:09 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh hun - only you will know when it is right for you. I may be the wrong person to ask though - I am over 16 weeks now & still don't feel comfortable in telling Dh just told his mom today - and I was leary of that. I just think we each have to do what is right for us & appraently in my case I am letting people figure it out for themselves as I'm starting to show. My biggest concern is that I don't want to talk about it to everyone - or have them calling & asking & once I tell - it's out there & that is exactly what will happen. You jsut have to decide what you want & go from there. Best wishes!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 15th, 2006, 07:33 PM
wclark602002's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im sorry for you loss and i pray this one goes ok..congrats on your BFP and i agree with e monkey only you will know when the time is rite..we were about 16 weeks when we decided to tell and i didnt want to then because our loss was at 19 weeks but i was showing and i couldnt hide it any longer.just do what feels rite for you and youll do fine..hugs and much love and lots of sticky baby dust to you!!!

Virtapay, alternative to paypal...its FREE!!!
http://www.virtapay.com/r/wclark602002
October 15th, 2006, 08:21 PM
MomE212's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MomE212 Send a message via MSN to MomE212 Send a message via Yahoo to MomE212
All these ladies are right. You will know when it is time. Cangrats on your new Bundle on the way.

I have been Hit by the the 2006 Snowball: MarineWife906 2, Tatfox 1, mommyagain 1, doornail_dorothy 1Surprise Mama 1,<span style="color:#CC0000"> lydsnrobs1stbaby 1
October 15th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Vickey
I still don't feel right telling everyone yet and I am about 12 weeks. I am to scared to yet. But dh told him family, im just chicken to tell mine, when the time comes to tell you will just know, its hard to explain but hope all goes well.
October 15th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry for your loss in May.

CONGRATS ON YOUR BFP

I have had two misscarriages and with the last misscarriage I didnt want to tell anyone until I was further along. However my mum and sister new straight away because we live with them and I told my other sister a few weeks later but didnt tell the children for a long time as I new it would be hard on them if I lost this baby. Mostly everyone knows now but there are still a few aunties who have no idea. I think you will know when the time is right for you to tell other people.

October 16th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I didn't have a miscarriage with my loss, so I'm not really as worried as I thought I would be. I know I'll be getting anxious the closer I get to 38 weeks (when I lost Cora)

However, I'm not telling my parents yet. My mother took Cora's death really really hard, and I don't want to tell her I'm pg early just to miscarry. I'll tell them later...sometime...

Good luck sweetie! Congrats on your bfp and lots of sticky dust!!

October 16th, 2006, 08:05 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We told family and a few friends immediately with our first angel and then had to turn around less than a week later and tell them about the m/c. We waited longer with the second angel, but not long enough. This time we waited until about 10 weeks, because doc confirmed this one is working and I'd been showing for several weeks already.

You just have to do what makes you most comfortable, even if you think waiting will upset others. Ultimately your feelings are the only ones that truly matter, so do what's best for you.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 16th, 2006, 10:09 AM
tdjjjjf's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your BFP!! I am sorry for the loss you suffered. We are not announcing the news until Christmas, and then I will be 16 weeks. My one m/c my children took it extremely hard and I don't want to put them through that again. I too hate the thought of telling everyone the news and then turning right around to say I lost it. It is too hard. You will know when the time is right. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!!

Donna
October 16th, 2006, 01:35 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First of all, I am sorry for you loss. And second, congrats on the BFP!

I think only you can know when the right time to tell people is. I told my mom right away with this pg and waited to tell DH's family and my friends until 12/13 weeks once I was out of the first trimester and once I got to hear the heartbeat. I kind of told people one at a time as I became comfortable. People that I would want to support me if I had another mc, like my mom and best friend, I told earlier while others whom I would hate to have to call or worse run into a few months later and have to explain about another mc, I waited longer to tell.

Dh and I compromised on when to tell his parents and it turns out that DH told a number of his friends way before I wanted anyone to know. I was pretty furious with him at the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search