doppler rental

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2005, 10:58 AM
I read somewhere on here that a few people had rented a doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat at home. Where can I go to rent one? I bought one of those over the counter things at Target with my 1st baby and it never worked. I think it would relieve a lot of stress to be able to hear the heartbeat for myself in between dr visits!
Thanks,
Keri
May 21st, 2005, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Keri,

I rented my doppler from heartbeatsathome.com. It was a good deal and was easy to return when the time was up.

Please take some friendly advise from someone who's been there, done that . . .When I got pg after my miscarriage, I was a nervous wreck. I was so afraid of having another m/c. I was sure that the doppler was going to set my mind at ease. I listened for the hb on a daily basis. One day, after several weeks of off and on spotting, I couldn't find the heart beat. I was in a panic. I ended up in the emergency room, where they also couldn't find the hb. Fortunately, they were able to see it on an u/s. By that point, at 13 weeks, I had already had 3 ultrasounds and a blood draw to watch my numbers.

I guess the point of my story is, don't panic if for some reason you can't find it. That little babe is just tiny in there and is moving around a lot. You may find it one place one minute and another place later. I'm sure you know this already, but I wanted to reiterate. Don't be neurotic like I was

May 21st, 2005, 04:45 PM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
Dh and I talked about renting one too but we decided that we would drive ourselves crazy with it. Now that I am far enough along ot feel him moving around I am a little at ease.
May 22nd, 2005, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
I got a cheapy 20$ one from walmart. Even at 37 weeks its hard to find the heartbeat. We just got it recently for fun, but the movement and kicks are much more reassuring. Just remember as already said there will be times you won't be able to find it, but that doesn't mean anything is wrong.
May 23rd, 2005, 06:26 AM
Super Mommy
I have borrowed one from a friend and it has taken a while to find the heartbeat. It has really brought me peace of mind but i can see how easy it is to get obsessed.
I have set myself a few rules. Firstly to only try to find the heart beat once a day. Secondly if i can't hear it not to panic and just to wait until the next day. Thirdly only assume something is wrong if i bleed and/or have stomach cramps.
So far it's working but i have also done a deal with my DH that if i start getting silly with it he'll give it back to my friend.

Good luck in getting one - i think they are fab.

DH - Stephen (34)
DS - Matthew (8)
DD - Holly (6)
DS - Daniel (2)
Angels - Nov 00, Mar 04, Jan 05
May 24th, 2005, 06:25 AM
That is all very good advice. I really appreciate your responses! I will definitely keep it all in mind. Thanks...
Keri

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search