Is it ok??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2006, 01:56 PM
Regular
I recently lost my baby at only 6 weeks. The doctors told me that I should wait one full cycle and then it is ok to start trying again. My question is, my BF and I enjoy sex, a lot, I mean A LOT, lol! So we are having sex and not using any form of BC. Is it really bad to be doing this right after a loss??

October 22nd, 2006, 03:23 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I misscarried my two angel babies my doc told me I could try for another baby as soon as I stopped bleeding I have heard of other women being told to wait 3 months. I guess it depends on who you talk to. I have seen on here that alot of ladies have conceived again after amisscarriage straight away without AF showing up and have gone on to have healthy babies.

October 22nd, 2006, 04:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How long you should wait mostly depends on whether you had a d&c or natural m/c - if you had a d&c, you're supposed to wait b/c your uterine lining needs to completely shed and replenish itself - I think there's a worry of a higher risk of m/c if you don't wait at least 1 cycle. If it was a natural m/c, I think it's less of a concern. Other than that, the most important thing is that your doctor follows your hormone levels down to 0. We had one cycle in between our 1st and 2nd m/c (not b/c we waited but b/c we didn't get pregnant in that cycle in between - my doctor recommended that we wait but I ignored her) and no cycle in between our 2nd m/c and this pregnancy and it didn't seem to adversely affect us.

Good luck!

Amy
October 23rd, 2006, 12:20 AM
Kyra656's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a chemical pregnancy. I did not wait for AF and everything seems to be fine this long . Then again I was barely pregnant before I started bleeding from the m/c. Good luck though...hope it turns out okay for you.

October 23rd, 2006, 06:50 AM
blessd2mothr4
We did what the Dr said... we didn't want to go through another loss, but did anyway.

It does depend on who you talk to... but would it be difficult to use b.c. for just one month to be safe?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search