1st Dr. Appt!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
Hi ladies - I had my first dr appt yesterday and it went great - got to see the heartbeat!!! It was so exciting and I was thrilled and relieved to finally see something on the screen!!! Of course I have to have a concern though! LOL According to my last period the dr said I would be 7 weeks but when he did the u/s he said the measurement of the baby shows I'm only 6 weeks. I asked right away if that means the baby isn't growing at the right rate and he said it could just be that my cycle was longer then I thought it was. They base it on a 28 day cycle where I'm usually 30 so that would still be like 5 days off - I'm really worried because I m/c in Dec (way before we even got this far) Anyone had this kind of a situation happen with them. He has me going back in 2 weeks for a repeat u/s to see the progression. Any advice would be really helpful in calming me down as usual!!

But its finally feeling real and I'm so happy but still nervous!! Hope you are all doing good!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
May 30th, 2005, 11:59 AM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
I am glad that you got to see the heartbeat. I would not worry too much yet until the next u/s. Let us know how it goes!
May 30th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
you really shouldnt worry, ultrasounds are not 100% accurate either is charting

im sure everything is fine

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
May 31st, 2005, 02:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
This always happens to me. They had her behind a few days and 9 weeks and then a few weeks later she was ahead. Now she's ahead by 2 weeks. I know exactly when the deed was done, so I know I'm not off on my dates. It could be anything though. You can ovulate late in your cycle, implantation time varies, the egg can implant immediately or float around for a few days before implanting. And as already said ultrasounds aren't perfect, they are often off. They told me with the boys I was 4 weeks behind were me and my period said I was, which had me getting pregnant 2 weeks after AF was due. So I reallydon't know how far I was with the boys. But don't worry about it. It really doesn't mean a whole lot at this point.
May 31st, 2005, 05:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
Thanks everyone so much for your advice and words of support! Everyone has given me reassurance so I'm just hoping for the very best and feel good so far!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search