Would someone please remind me...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
...why I wanted to get pregnant again? I'm asking this after throwing up my dinner...again...ugh...

Why am I doing this to myself, when through my experience I don't get anything out of it?

November 14th, 2006, 08:22 PM
MomE212's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MomE212 Send a message via MSN to MomE212 Send a message via Yahoo to MomE212
You get a beautiful wonderful little bundle of joy. You will forget all about this once he/she gets here.

I have been Hit by the the 2006 Snowball: MarineWife906 2, Tatfox 1, mommyagain 1, doornail_dorothy 1Surprise Mama 1,<span style="color:#CC0000"> lydsnrobs1stbaby 1
November 15th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Super Mommy
pregnancy hormones can do funny things to us. I am sorry that you are feeling so upset. I'm sure that you got pregnant again for the same reason that many who have had losses did. Because you truly want a child. Try to remember that morning sickness doesn't last forever. In a few weeks you should be starting to feel a little better.

<a href="http://www.baby-gaga.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">[/url

</a>

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/bdf8b/ttc.png

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bdf8b" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
November 15th, 2006, 07:49 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're so sick again this time. Have you talked to your doc to see if there's anything he can do to help? If you can't keep the anti-nausea meds down, there is a gel version that you can rub on your wrists and tummy. I've seen it work wonders. Might be worth looking into.

And just because you didn't get to bring Cora home has nothing to do with the success of this pregnancy. Have you talked to Lizzy lately? Look at her beautiful Nathaniel. And look how many healthy children your mom and grandma had. It doesn't always end as badly as your first pregnancy did. I know it's hard to see the good parts when you're so very sick. Know that Cora is watching over this new little one and keeping them safe.

Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
November 15th, 2006, 07:53 AM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You got p/g again because you really want to bring a baby home with you this time. And as Kathryn mentioned, this time your little one has a big sister watching over them to make sure that nothing happens, after all, that is what big sisters are for, right??

I will pray extra hard for you that your m/s will not last your entire p/g as it did with Cora, in hopes that you might be able to enjoy just a few minutes of this p/g.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

November 15th, 2006, 09:33 AM
mommytothree
did you try the unisom? or ask for a script of zofran.
November 15th, 2006, 10:26 AM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I asked myself the same question through the two months of constant all day morning sickness. It's just temporary discomfort and you will have a beautiful healthy baby!

Sorry you are not feeling well.

November 16th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Thank you ladies! I really needed that. Unfortunately, I can't get meds right now because my medicaid hasn't been approved yet, and that means I'd have to get a script out-of-pocket. I can't afford that! I'd be calling them, but I lost the card with the phone number to the office that's doing the processing. Ugh. I really need to tell them that I can't get through the first trimester without it!

I'm getting sicker. 10 weeks was my worst point last time and I can tell I'm heading towards that. Right now I'm just trying to get as much water as possible (ugh, I hate drinking when I'm sick!)

Thanks for reminding me though. I really did/do need it.

November 16th, 2006, 12:54 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
10 weeks was my worst point last time and I can tell I'm heading towards that.[/b]
When I complained about heartburn at my 12 week appt., doc laughed and said that your levels peak at 11 weeks, so symptoms get progressively worse up to that point and then start to improve. So, even though things may get tougher, hopefully it won't last too long!

Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
November 16th, 2006, 01:47 PM
blessd2mothr4
Hope the m/s gets better for you in the second trimester.
November 16th, 2006, 03:45 PM
MomE212's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MomE212 Send a message via MSN to MomE212 Send a message via Yahoo to MomE212
I hope you feel better soon.

I have been Hit by the the 2006 Snowball: MarineWife906 2, Tatfox 1, mommyagain 1, doornail_dorothy 1Surprise Mama 1,<span style="color:#CC0000"> lydsnrobs1stbaby 1
November 17th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I often asked myself the same thing, esp in the first trimester, when i was vomitting 2-5 times a day!!!

But now that my baby girl is here, the morning sickness doesn't even register in my mind

November 17th, 2006, 04:53 PM
mommytothree
I"m telling you - try the unisom. Take 1/2 a tablet before bed (not gel caps) you will sleep really well and you will feel better during the day too. It really works.
November 17th, 2006, 04:58 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hun I was real sick too & for a long time. I did like emetrol a bit - it dodn't fis it - but made it easier to keep fluids down for sure - and that is what matters most right now. I also got ginger tablets - they aer cheap & totally safe. Ginger does brilliantly for my motion sickness (they even did an episode of myth busters proving how well ginger works) so I found it to be quite helpful with ms as well - I had to crush them or open them (depending on what I could get my hands on (tablets, or capsules, as swallowing a capsule was out of the question then - but they aren't expensive & occassinally allowed me to eat. Nothing fixed it for me - but little thing shelped & the ONLY 2 foods I could seem to keep down were bananas & oatmeal - I don't think I will want either for wuite a while now.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search