Question for PG women after m/c

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2005, 02:00 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
I've had 2 m/c's this year.

I was wondering for all you women who are pregnant after recurrent m/cs. 2 or more. They did find out what was wrong before you could carry a baby full term, Or was the 2 m/c's never explained, but you still carried or having a great pregnancy now?
June 2nd, 2005, 04:35 PM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
I have only had one m/c but mine was at 17 weeks. My dr did genetic tests after my d&c and everything came back normal so I never got an explanation for why it happened. I wish I could help more. Good luck!
June 4th, 2005, 06:30 AM
a_baby_is_a_gift's Avatar Member
I m/c once too and I never found out what happened it still is a mystery
June 5th, 2005, 02:04 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
My mother in law had 2 m/c's before having a baby. Then she had my husband then m/c'd again and went on and had 2 more boys. So in all she had 3 m/c's and she doesn't know why.

So maybe things like this just happen. I hope thats it, they didn't find anything wrong with me, so that either means they didn't find the problem or things just happen.
June 6th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Veteran
I've had 3 miscarriages in the past 2 years.

After the 3, I had a lot of testing done - most everything was normal for us - only thing that wasn't was my thyroid TSH levels and I was having a very short luteal phase of my cycle. I'm taking a thyroid med now and was put on clomid to help with the luteal phase - was pregnant after 4th cycle of clomid.

June 13th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
What type of testing do they do when they test you???

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
June 14th, 2005, 03:49 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I have had three miscarriages as well. They ran a ton of tests on me. Including thyroid, tests for antiphospholipid syndrome and other immune disorders. I had a hysterosalpingogram done because one of my pregnancies was ectopic. They never really found a cause for it but did end up treating me with progesterone supplements with subsequent pregnancies. I am now pregnant with baby number four.

((Hugs)) to all of you. I am not sure that there is always an explanation for miscarriage.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
June 17th, 2005, 07:50 PM
After my second m/c, I had all of the tests done as well, they said everything looked good except one of my tubes wasnt as wide as the other. That would only affect us getting pregnant, not keeping the baby. They basically told me that it was bad luck. My OB seems to think that my progesterone levels were too low during both of those pregnancies and we didnt catch it in time to prevent th m/c's. This time my levels were good and she doesnt seem too concerned with anything even though I am still paranoid!
Our Baby is due Dec 30th

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
June 19th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
They never told me why I do have one baby now who is 4 months old...and she was born 2 months early. They also can't tell me why she was a preemie so I don't know if that is related to the misscarriages or not. It really sucks not having any answers
June 24th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Super Mommy
I have only lost one baby but when I did I was told that it was because of a cyst that they had to go in and remove.
July 7th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Veteran
Well, my m/c was 10 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. I m/c'd at 6 weeks gestation and it was a blighted ovum. I was told that nothing ever formed inside the sac so in my case I figure that was a good thing. I did see the sac pass through on the first day of the bleeding and the bleeding lasted about 7 full days. I found out I was pregnant with our son 3 weeks after the bleeding from that m/c. He is extremely normal and healthy now at 9 1/2 years old.

Happily married mom with a 10 yr old and 4 yr old kidlets
July 20th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally posted by sandycheeks@Jun 2 2005, 03:00 PM
I've had 2 m/c's this year.

I was wondering for all you women who are pregnant after recurrent m/cs. 2 or more. They did find out what was wrong before you could carry a baby full term, Or was the 2 m/c's never explained, but you still carried or having a great pregnancy now?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I'm at 11 weeks with my fifth try. I never made it past 7 weeks before this. I had an appointment scheduled to run some tests when I found out I was pregnant again. My doctor is just taking all the precautions she can, putting me on progesterone and aspirin, as well as already performing two ultrasounds. Which means I'm lucky enough to have seen peanut's heartbeat twice already. This pregnancy feels really good. Actually, it feels miserable, which is what the first trimester is supposed to feel like, I'm gathering. So, every minute of morning sickness, breast tenderness, and food craving is heaven to me. Ok, maybe not heaven, but at least very reassuring.

July 20th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmbc82
I have had 1 m/c and after the d&c the doctor did genetic tests and our baby had and extra chromosome that was in compatible with life. However it was such a rare occurance that my doctor was positive that my next pregnancy would be normal and at 34 weeks today so far with the exception of an ovarian cyst (causes no problems to the baby) he has been right.

<a href=http://www.babysites.com/sites/rmbc82/>
</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search