I feel like I'm forgetting her

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2006, 07:32 AM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
I am really happy about this pregnancy. But I feel like I dont think about my angel enough. It's like I forget. I feel really really terrible about it. When I actually get a minute to stop and think then the tears come back. I know that I avoid the pregnancy loss stuff-maybe it's just because I dont wanna think about it. But, I dont want her to think that I forgot her.
December 4th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Not thinking about it isn't the same as forgetting. I don't think you're forgetting her, and I don't think you ever will. That doesn't mean that you have to think about her every moment of every day and cry about her all the time. She wouldn't want that. She would want you to be able to go on with your life and be happy.

Just yesterday I was thinking to myself that I wonder how she feels about how depressed/upset I have been lately. Would she be sad that I'm sort of "stuck" right now?

Be happy about your pregnancy, sweetie. You'll always remember Maisie, and she'll understand if she isn't on the forefront of your thoughts every moment.

December 4th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
((hugs)) you aren't forgetting your little angel - you NEVER will... I also felt like I was forgetting my angel(s) when I got pregnant with Gaby - once I passed the points where I lost my little angels, suddenly I didn't think of them as much, and I felt really guilty about that.. almost like Gaby was more important to me than they were... But that isn't true.. I still think about them each day, and in a way, having Gaby has made me feel closer to them, and made me appreciate them more.... because if i'd not lost them, I wouldn't have been blessed with my little princess....

December 4th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You won't forget.

I feel bad because I haven't bonded with this baby yet. I feel like if I do, I will forget about our angel, or I will lose this one too.
<div align="center"></div>
December 4th, 2006, 03:53 PM
mommytothree
trust me you won't forget. I've been dealing with a weird issue - I am so happy Sadie is here and can't imagine life without her - but if Cassie hadn't of died, Sadie wouldn't be here. It is driving me crazy - I want them both.
December 5th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont think you will forget about her. She was apart of you and will forever be in your heart. I have lost two angel babies and am pregnant with another baby boy. I still think of my angel babies but not as much as I did before I got pregnant again. I know they will always be in my heart.

December 14th, 2006, 06:57 AM
hustons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hustons Send a message via Yahoo to hustons
I'm glad you posted this because I've been feeling the same way. I even took down my miscarriage part of my siggie because I didn't want to be constantly reminded....but that sounds so horrible!!
I never ever forget what going through such pain and heartache felt like, I just tend to shy away from the loss boards and neevr know what to say to those who have lost recently....I think becuase I can't bear to hear that it's happening to other women still....I would never wish that on my worst enemy!

"In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero" ......Martina McBride

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search