And you think the worry stops after you have the baby...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2006, 04:49 PM
mommytothree
The good news is she stayed on her growth curve and is still in the 50%. For those who may not know my other two were huge so this little baby stuff is new to me. Sadie was 13lbs9.5 oz. I know that sounds good sized but she was 8lbs4oz at birth. She was 25 inches long (75%) and 50% for head.

Now the not so good news...

They found a heart murmur when she was 5 days old. The DR said she would probably grow out of it. He checked again today and it is still there so we need to go to a Pediatric Cardiologist to get it checked out. He said it was probably nothing and she is fine but this is more for my peace of mind - sure - what is that?? Like I can relax knowing this!!

He said she is very healthy, looks great, and even though I think she isn't growing as well as my others she is actually growing very well.

So we have our appointment on Friday @ 10:00 am. I will be a mess. DH is out of town and I have to take my 3 yo with me. I'm sure it is fine but I am soooooooooo worried... I can't have anything happen to her, I love her so much.
December 5th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
About the weight my dd was 9lbs 5 oz at birth and was around 14lbs at 4months (and that was fine). In regards to the heart murmur--I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers...keep thinking positive.
December 6th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
aw susan she will be okay honey. ill be praying for you and keeping you guys in my thoughts that you get some positive answers at her appt.
December 6th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Susan....You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted on Sadie's appt.

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

December 6th, 2006, 07:38 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No worries on her growth. As long as she's on a consistent curve, the percentage really doesn't matter. My DS was 3 weeks early and hung out in the 15-20% range for a long time. He finally hit 50% at his 2 or 3 year old checkup and just surpassed that at his 5 year old checkup this year. Doc has never worried about him. Sounds like Sadie's just a bit smaller than her siblings.

Keeping you and Sadie in my prayers.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
December 6th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Man, Leah is a chunk! At 3 months she wieghed almost 14 pounds! She was in the 75th for her weight and 50th for her height- shes a butterball!

And heart murmurs are super common, I know it doesnt make you worry any less, and I would be concerened too, but I am sure she will be ok!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
December 6th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
In the words of my mother, "You worry from the time you find out you're pregnant and you continue to until you die. And then they get married and start having their own kids, and you start to worry about them."

I hope everything goes well honey. I agree with Stephanie, heart murmurs are very common. My little sister had one for almost her entire first year, but she's fine now.

Not that it helps any.

But I'll be praying for your precious Sadie!

December 6th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my little boy at 4 months was only 14 lbs so its not bad at all its a good weight. i will be prayer for her

</div>

</div>
December 6th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck at the appt. I'll be praying for you and Sadie both.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search