Can I join?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Spotis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello,

I'm Cindy. I wanted to introduce myself. I'm 31 years old, and my DH (Brian) is 32. We are still trying for our first child. We found out this week that I am pregnant and due August 26, 2007. DH & I are very excited and thankful, but now all the worries about m/c are setting in. I haven't even missed my period yet, so I'm hesitant to join the August DDC. I feel like everything it going well so far--having a lot of pregnancy symptoms and got my first BFP very early (either 9 or 11 dpo depending on which day I actually ovulated). Also, I've taken pregnancy tests every 1 to 2 days since my first BFP and the line is getting brighter and brighter. Still, everything was going so well last time and then at our 16 week appointment, we found out there was no heartbeat. I haven't even made a doctor's appointment yet. My OB doesn't test HCG hormone levels , which really bums me out, because I want that reassurance.

Nice to meet you all,
Cindy

Nolan John turns 2 on 8/28/09
Thank you Jessica for the siggy!
December 12th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Welcome over Cindy and congrats again! The worst part of loss is that you never truly get to enjoy a pregnancy again. But we'll stick together and make it through this insanity!

Sticky to you!

December 12th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Cindy - welcome to the board! This is a great board of wonderful ladies who've all been where you're at. After 2 back-to-back early m/c's, the boards were the only thing that got me through the early stages of this pregnancy. I'm sending you lots of sticky dust and hoping you're with us to stay!

Amy
December 13th, 2006, 07:18 AM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the BFP!! Sending tons of ((((((STICKY VIBES)))))) your way!!

Did you ask your doctor specifically for a blood confirmation? My doctor told me that it was not something they typically did, but if you demand a quantitative blood confirmation, they will usually do it. I actually was arguing with the nurse in the office about it because she didn't want to give me the paperwork to go have it done. But I got my way So you may want to call in and talk to them about it if you haven't already.

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
December 13th, 2006, 07:41 AM
missmindy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope this is a sticky bean for you!!

Congrats!!
December 13th, 2006, 09:13 AM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and I am looking forward to getting to know you.

I had an mc when I was 31 and just had my first baby at 33. I am very sorry about your loss and I know that the first months of pg after loss can be very stressful. Is there any way your Dr could give you some other reassurance like an early ultrasound or something?

December 14th, 2006, 08:42 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay, congrats, Cindy! I really hope this one is a sticky one for you. This board will be a great support for you. It's helped me a lot to have others who understand the worries.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
December 14th, 2006, 01:46 PM
baner
HI CINDY!!!

I totally understand your reservation to joining the DDC, I did too, I slowly did, I didn't post a lot at first, but as the weeks went I slowly added in.

Do you remember me?? We were both in the Jan DDC....our stories are so similar, that is why I can relate so much!!!

Everytime I noticed myself worrying, I would stop and say a prayer for baby. It sure helped me to get through the weeks!!

My doctor doesn't do labs to much usually, but because of my previous missed m/c they did, if I were you, I would call and check to see if they would this time around!!

Please keep us posted on how things are going and you and baby are in my thoughts & prayers!!!

CONGRATS CINDY!!!!!!!!!!
December 15th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the pregnancy!!
December 21st, 2006, 12:32 AM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your BFP.

December 21st, 2006, 01:38 PM
Spotis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you ladies for your kind responses! You have inspired me to ask my OB for an HCG beta test. Hopefully I won't get shot down!

Baner - of course I remember you! LOL! Your stop and say a prayer idea is great...I have been doing quite a bit already!

Thanks everyone!
Cindy

Nolan John turns 2 on 8/28/09
Thank you Jessica for the siggy!
December 21st, 2006, 03:02 PM
baner
I am so excited for you!!!!!

I am glad I could help!! Acutally 4iris told me to do that, it worked for me....so I had to pass it on!!

Keeping you and baby in my prayers!!!
December 21st, 2006, 05:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so excited to see you here! What a month it's been for BFP's!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search