SOOO frustrated!!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2006, 12:45 PM
JennO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where to begin... First, I was prego in May... due in February and had a miscarriage in July at 10 weeks. In Sept. I had a positive test and due in June. I am almost 13 weeks prego now. In November, I went to the OB at 6 wks and had bloodwork including thyroid. I have an underactive thyroid and it changed constantly when I was prego with my dd.... I never heard back from the dr. about my levels and assumed all was well as that was the arrangement in the past. Fast forward to appt #2 on Monday. I asked about the thyroid again as I am so worried about that. I KNOW that my thyroid had something to do with my m/c as my dose was lowered a week after I found out I was prego. Anyway, she looks back to see what the levels were in November. Turns out they were never checked!!! So, she checked them this time. They were WAY off... Typical levels are between 1-2. Mine were over 15!!! And I am on meds! No wonder I am so, SO tired and cold! So, I look it up online... says that there is an increased risk of stillbirth and cognitive disabilities!!! Now I am freaking out!!! I so wish I had done research on this so much earlier!!! I just hope baby got what baby needed and left me with the rest (which wasn't much...) I feel SO stupid for realizing the symptoms!!! I did have a u/s on Monday and all looked GREAT with the little bean... Heart rate was 171. Sorry for the vent... I am SO surprised that I didn't m/c again..

JennO

December 14th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Jenn, it looks like this one was supposed to stick! As for the other worries, only time will tell. I'm sorry that you're so freaked out though. I know how that is, I used to have an underactive thyroid (that spontaneously fixed itself when I got pg with Cora, but I still feel like it could come back at any time, you know?). I keep bugging my doc about tests.

I'll pray for you and I hope everything will be okay. Its amazing what a baby can live through once they put their minds to it!

December 14th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Jenn, it looks like this one was supposed to stick! As for the other worries, only time will tell. I'm sorry that you're so freaked out though. I know how that is, I used to have an underactive thyroid (that spontaneously fixed itself when I got pg with Cora, but I still feel like it could come back at any time, you know?). I keep bugging my doc about tests.

I'll pray for you and I hope everything will be okay. Its amazing what a baby can live through once they put their minds to it![/b]

Thanks Brittanie. I am trying to calm down. Being in special ed, I never see the kids WITHOUT problems.... so I am already on edge. I figure my baby will have autism just because my husband is a software engineer!!! Seems quite common in that field! LOL!!! But now, joking aside, I have something to worry about. Babies are VERY resiliant (sp). I try to do EVERYTHING right during pregnancy to give the baby the best chance... I am religious about my prenatals and extra calcium. I try to eat right and with my DD, I never at any sweets throughout my entire pregnancy!! No ice cream... nothing! I haven't been that good this time, but nearly. I take no other meds besides my thyroid and was so upset when I had to take meds to stop labor with my DD. Anyway, my point is that I missed this and feel TERRIBLE. I know the prego hormones don't help as I seem so stuck on this. I have been so tired this week... barely keep my eyes open. My hubby won't be happy when he gets home and there is no dinner and the house is a mess!!! I just can't get off the couch!!!

JennO

December 15th, 2006, 07:32 AM
I'm praying for you. I hope that everything turns out okay and you can find something to help yourself calm down.

I'm really not as good as you are! lol. I still can't take my prenatals (they make me sick. Even the prescription ones that are supposed to not make me sick) and I figure keeping down my meals is better than extra vitamins.

Have you actually gotten to talk to your Dr. about this? Or is it still sort of a waiting game? You didn't mention whether the Dr. was changing your medication dosage or what. I hope something happens soon!

December 15th, 2006, 07:47 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would've been mad at the doc for not following up on it the first time. I'm glad you were watching out for yourself. Praying that this little one continues to stick and that s/he has no problems. I understand what goes through your mind when you work with the special kiddos. I used to teach deaf ed and I'm always afraid that my babies will be deaf or have something more severe. When you're so involved with the differences, it's hard to believe that everything can and probably will be OK. Lots of slow deep breaths and stay on the doc to make sure you're getting proper treatment.

Brittanie, have you tried Flintstones vitamins? With DS, I couldn't tolerate the OTC or Rx prenates, so my OB told me to take 2 Flintstones instead. I've seen quite a few others on JM do the same thing. Might be worth a try.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
December 15th, 2006, 12:08 PM
My meds were increased A LOT... That is what tipped me of... I asked why the dosage was being increased SO much... it was because the levels were so off. I do feel a bit better today with the upped dose. With thyroid stuff, it takes a bit to feel better... Taking meds isn't an immediate difference... I really like my doctor and I feel that they are super cautious over there. This surprised me... and I usually even ask during the blood draw what it is for. Never be too careful... I just missed it this time. But, what is important to realize is that all is in God's hands.

JennO

December 15th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Oh, I see, that makes sense. Yeah, I know about the changing in the doses. In another week or so I hope you're feeling much better.

And I certainly hope your baby is okay!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search