Would love to hear good stories about...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2006, 10:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well...I got my 1st beta results back and they're 135 for 15dpo. Which is great but my progesterone is 13.7. A rx for progesterone supplements has been called in and I'm picking it up this afternoon. The RE's office didn't sound too concerned but I would love to hear good stories to put my mind at ease. I KNOW TOO MUCH INFO!!!!!!
December 21st, 2006, 11:26 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's a bit low, but you caught it as early as possible, so the supplements should get you to a good number. They're messy, wear a liner and lay down for as long as possible after insertion (I took mine to bed and inserted after tucking myself in, thanks to a recommendation from a wonderful JM lady).

Anyway, a friend of mine IRL was at a 7 when first tested and delivered her healthy baby boy this summer. Our doc said that was the lowest he'd ever seen that was successful. Said he'd had several at 9 and lots more when over 10-12 that were successful, so I think you're in good shape. Lots of docs are OK with 15 (meaning they don't require supplements) and you're not far from that. Others (mine) prefer 20 or higher. I was at 27 and got to do them "just for good measure".

While there are some side effects and slight risks, overall most docs agree that progesterone can't hurt, can only help, so it's worth doing. And you generally get to stop around 13 weeks or whenever the placenta takes over. My friend with the 7 got to do it the entire pg. I can't even imagine...that would've made me crazy.

Side effects to expect: increased bb soreness, nausea/heartburn/morning sickness, basically any pg symptom multiplied. Progesterone is what causes most pg symptoms, so when you supplement it makes them more noticeable.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
December 21st, 2006, 11:39 AM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm taking progesterone too! I haven't had my tested but I just picked up some new stuff today (Critone- I think that's the name). They are suppositories and they are 100 mg each and I insert them twice a day. I've been taking some other stuff and I wear a liner and it's fine. Poor DH thinks the progesterone is going to make his "you know what" shrink when we BD!

Jen
December 21st, 2006, 12:55 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Poor DH thinks the progesterone is going to make his "you know what" shrink when we BD![/b]
I didn't let DH do anything while I was on it. Another side effect is that it makes you think you have a yeast infection...really uncomfortable and the last thing I wanted was something rubbing me more raw than I already felt!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
December 21st, 2006, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm lurking, sorry I just want to know if any of you took progesterone to help get pregnant, not just after you already were pregnant? I think I have low progesterone and have had a m/c once before and haven't gotten pregnant since then. I think I have low progesterone and am wondering if I should start taking it after Ovulation up until AF starts. I've been trying almost a year since my m/c and no luck and I got tested for progesterone once a few months ago on CD21 and it was only a 7???? Any advice?

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
December 21st, 2006, 06:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the encouraging stories...wow 7! I'm going to try and not freak out. It's soooo out of my hands anyways and I need to have faith.

Hopetobeamom...I don't know much about it helping to conceive since prog is produced after you O. I would definately bring it up with your dr though. Good luck hun.

ETA: Holy typo's batman!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search