My Birth Story...12-18-06

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry this has taken so long!!!!

I was scheduled to be at the hospital for my induction at 6 am on 12-18-06. Got registered and sent up to L&D. BTW, my nurses were AWESOME!!! Got my IV started along w/my antibiotics for GBS. I didn't realize that you had to have them every 4 hours. So, they got my first batch going. Dr. came in and broke my water at 7:10 am. What a weird feeling!!! DH held my hand, it didn't hurt at all, just weird. At least I know what it is like to pee my pants now.

They had to get a 30 minute strip of baby and contractions before they would let me get up and walk. With that done, it was time to move. Started walking at 7:45 w/DH. Contractions started, but nothing big. Within 5 minutes the contractions hurt....MY BACK!!!! Bring on the back labor. Well my sister got to the hospital a little after 8 and relieved DH who went and got something to drink. By 8:30 I was in bed because my back hurt so bad!!! Asked for my epidural. Well the happy guy was in surgery so I had to wait an hour but they gave me some demoral in my IV and that took the edge off....for about 30 minutes. Next thing I know, my MIL and my Mom were there along w/DH and my sister. I was in so much pain that they all just stood around looking at me. DH held my hand the entire time though. Happy guy got there at 10ish and Dr checked me. I went from 3 to 7 in less than 3 hours so it was decided to give me a spinal block instead of an epidural because I was progressing so quickly. AAhhh...the relief. It was wonderful....until about 11. I started to feel the contractions in just one little spot in my back and then that little spot grew and grew until I could feel them all over. The spinal had worn off. The nurse came in to check me a little after 11. Next thing I know she has to get the other nurse. She checks me too!!! I am declared complete at 11:20 am. The nurses get me to do a practice push, and it does nothing w/baby. Since I didn't have the urge to push, they decided to just wait until I did. Everyone left my room and it was just DH and I. Nurses came in periodically to have me push, but no urge. Family came in too, but I was in so much pain, I couldn't even stand it. That back labor is for the birds!!! I would have about 1 minute in between contractions that DH would feed me ice chips. They also decided to sit me up and then drain my bladder to see if that would give me the urge to push. Nothing.

Finally a little after 2pm, I started to feel the urge. By 2:30 the dr was there and we were getting ready. I really started to push around 2:45 or so. It hurt, but it made my back feel so much better!!! After 26 minutes of pushing, DH delivered our beautiful baby girl!!! We didn't know what it was, and dr. didn't shout it out, I had to ask DH if it was a girl or boy. That was funny. Her apgars were 8 and 9. She is just beautiful!!!! Perfect in every way. We are dealing w/jaundice at the moment. When we left the hospital on Wednesday her number was 8.9. Had to be re-tested on Friday and it jumped to 16.4. So, we were able to get a bili blanket to have at home and had to go back on Saturday for another check which was 15.9. Since it went down, we got to keep Sydnee at home. Yesterday was her 1 week appt and her she was down to 11.2. No more bili blanket for the time being, but we have to be checked again on Tuesday.

Here are her stats:
Sydnee Marie
Born: 3:10 pm on 12-18-06
Weight: 6lb, 11oz
Length: 20 inches

She was down to 6lb, 3 oz when we left the hospital, but at her appt yesterday she was at 6lb, 14 oz, so she is gaining weight.

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

December 28th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
congrats! im glad she is finally here! i love her name!
December 28th, 2006, 09:14 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woohoo!! Congrats!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
December 28th, 2006, 02:15 PM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! I love the name you chose, also.

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
December 29th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Vickey
Congrats!!!

I love how you call the doc "happy guy" too funny!!!
December 29th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and what a lovely name.

December 29th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been waiting to hear about you! Thanks for the update and congrats! I thought you were having a boy, but it seems like we have a lot in common, so I shouldve known it was going to be a girl! I thought boy for me too! Yea for little girls! Hopefully you don't go to the poor house like me because shopping is fun but disastrous for your credit!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
January 1st, 2007, 09:48 AM
Spotis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a wonderful story! Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl.

Nolan John turns 2 on 8/28/09
Thank you Jessica for the siggy!
January 1st, 2007, 07:00 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search