How do you/did you cope with pregnancy anxiety?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Just curious how you all cope/coped with the fear & anxiety during a pregnancy after loss....

For me personally, I tried to just take each day of the pregnancy as it came - and not to think toooo far into the future, I tried to make the most of each day with my baby... At times that was a lot easier said than done, especially in the first 23 weeks or so of the pregnancy, before Gaby started kicking/started kicking regularly

I did have a lot of tears, when I would get myself worked up & think that I'd lost Gaby...

Oh, another way I helped with SOME of the anxiety, was to schedule my scan appts for as early in the day as possible..... No way could I wait until say 4pm to have a scan, I would be in a real state by that time!

January 12th, 2007, 08:34 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I pray a lot and spend a lot of time on JM! It's the only thing that's kept me sane.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
January 12th, 2007, 08:56 AM
baner
January 12th, 2007, 01:11 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Day by day for me. I still have anxiety every time I go to the bathroom, worrying if I'm spotting, etc but I know that won't get me anywhere. I have a great support system and I have to think that as long as I'm doing everything I'm supposed to, everything will be okay. Easier said than done, of course. Getting past my past "loss dates" helps too. Emma, I'm with you on the scans...early in the morning. I don't sleep much the night before but I'm not worrying all day either

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
January 12th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
yeah i am currently driving myself crazy with the spotting thing..im scared to look everytime i wipe, i have to take a few breathes before i look Them sending me for the repeat hcg has me a wreck, i know they are being safe but my nerves cant take much more of the waiting and wondering after each test. Ill be happy to see the baby on an ultra sound with the heartbeat and make sure everything is measuring right.
January 13th, 2007, 12:31 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I am not exactly the picture of calm about pregnancy anymore. But I fooled everyone aorund me. Every day that I didn't have red blood was a blessing...and even then, I was just sure that I had a missed miscarriage or some other terrible thing going on. I was shocked that I never had high blood pressure at my appointments.

Emma, I was the same way: if I could have an appointment at 5 AM, I'd pick that. Hehe. I was pathetic. I'd show up WAY early to my appointments with the secret, pathetic hope that they could fit me in earlier!

January 13th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Ditto Kathryn. I pray a lot. I'm having a hard time right now because I'm starting to feel Jelly move, but the movements are still very inconsistent. So, if it's been a while since I've felt anything I'll start to freak out.

My Dr. even offered me a dopplar from their office to take home and use for free. But this last time it took him a couple of seconds to find the h/b and I just couldn't stand the idea of doing that myself, at home, alone.

But I'm grateful for every kick I DO feel.

January 14th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Quote:
yeah i am currently driving myself crazy with the spotting thing..im scared to look everytime i wipe, i have to take a few breathes before i look

Them sending me for the repeat hcg has me a wreck, i know they are being safe but my nerves cant take much more of the waiting and wondering after each test[/b]
I was the same with the spotting, I think I finally stopped checking at about 18 weeks although I did check a lot less after I'd had my first scan..

I declined the repeat hcg testing, just because I knew it would be such an anxious time for me, and that if the numbers weren't doing what they should be, it would be so stressful & I would probably end up having a breakdown. I also had the feeling that if I was going to miscarry - I was going to miscarry, and I wouldn't be able to prevent it in anyway, so I figured I'd just let nature do it's thing..... and thank god it did what it was MEANT to!

Quote:
Every day that I didn't have red blood was a blessing...and even then, I was just sure that I had a missed miscarriage or some other terrible thing going on[/b]
Ditto... I would feel relief when there was no blood, but then I would think "what if I've had a missed m/c"....... looking back now, there is no way I should have thought that, with how intense my first trimester symptoms were...

January 14th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Quote:
I'm having a hard time right now because I'm starting to feel Jelly move, but the movements are still very inconsistent. So, if it's been a while since I've felt anything I'll start to freak out.

My Dr. even offered me a dopplar from their office to take home and use for free. But this last time it took him a couple of seconds to find the h/b and I just couldn't stand the idea of doing that myself, at home, alone.[/b]
During the 1st trimester, I couldn't WAIT until I could feel the baby move, but once I started feeling movement, it gave me a whole nother thing to be anxious about, kwim? I had no idea how inconsistent movements would be in the beginning, and would freak out if I hadn't felt a movement for awhile.... It wasn't until I got to about 24 weeks that I started getting regular, obvious movements. Even then, if I went for more than an hour without feeling anything, I would lose it..... even if she'd kicked me like 20 times in the last hour....

I considered renting a doppler, but I just *knew* that I would have trouble finding the h/b and it would scare me big time........ that said I hated the time between my midwife appointments, when I just had to believe the h/b was still present!

January 14th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Vickey
i freaked out for the longest time...My first ob appointment scared me worse cause they could not find the heart beat at first.

I came on jm alot then and just read alot of other people's stories and birth stories.

When he started kicking at first it was random and that made my fears worse cause I could feel him but not all the time. Made me worry like crazy.

Now that I am 24 weeks I just keep telling myself that each week he is in there he has a better and better chance. I need to keep this baby inside as long as I can. But with my HPB it makes it hard.

So going to the doc as much as I do make things better, and each heart beat I hear and each kick i feel seems to calm me. Just when I think he is not moving anymore he will kick up a storm, like he knows I am worried or something

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search