U/S Today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well...after not sleeping all night and being a nervous wreck all day, the time came for my u/s appointment. My mom came early and we went out for lunch (since DH was away on a business trip this week) and my MIL met us at the lab. So I was joking that I had the family matriarch's with me. I went in for my u/s and was there for a good 20 min of silence and my trying to strain my eyes to see something, the tech asked if anybody came with me. By now I was starting to panic and said a tearful yes.

So she asked if I wanted them in the room with me, and I asked if it was for good or bad news, and she said good news. Then she turned the screen and I saw my baby!!!! The heartbeat was awesome and a strong 155 and the yoke sac was perfect and everything else was looking perfect. I was crying to so hard, and then the tech brought my mom and MIL into the room and we all started to cry again. There were hugs and tears and it was an awesome moment. I'm sooooo thankful that they could both share it with me. I feel so blessed to have such a great family.

Then I met with my RE since she likes to meet with your right after to give you the results, and she confirmed that everything was good and told me that I was going to be in her care until I was 26 weeks (since she's also a certified Gynicologist) and then I'll see the OB at 26 weeks (and she's also in the same office since they both share a practice). I have a cyst on my left ovary and that was causing the pain I was feeling a few weeks ago, and my fibriod hasn't grown so that's great news.

So I have my next u/s booked at 12 weeks and than I need to book my 16 week and my 22 week u/s. SO I have a few more chances to see peanut. I feel a huge sigh of relief and for the 1st time I feel hope. I can acutally say I feel excited since I've never seen a heartbeat or had a good u/s. Oh yes...and I'm measuring 2 days ahead so I'm now due Aug 28th and I got to change my ticker! I got to bypass the last few days of 7 weeks!

Whew....I fell so happy. I called DH when I was in the waiting room to see the RE. He's so thrilled and really wished he could be there. I still hardly have any symptoms so my RE said I'm one of the lucky ones. Now that I know things are good so far, I can enjoy the fact that I feel great!
January 16th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
aw nicole im so happy for you. i got all teary eyed thinking about all of you crying. this is so wonderful, congrats again!!
January 16th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It was such an amazing moment and to be able to share it with my mom and MIL was even more special. There wasn't a dry eye around. Words can't describe the feelings that I had when I saw peanut and saw that little heartbeat. I could have sat there all day and just looked at it. Gosh...I'm tearing up again just thinking about it.
January 16th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Vickey
awww your story made my eyes tear up as well...So glad to hear everything turned out so well
January 16th, 2007, 03:30 PM
missmindy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on a great u/s!! I'm glad you got to have some family with you, that must have been great!
January 16th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've got a whole back up of people to accompany me to an u/s if DH can't make it. There are 3 people wo would be there in a second. It's such an awesome feeling to have such a strong support system. Our family and friends ahve been great. I can't wait to tell everybody in a few more weeks.
January 16th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
aw congratulations hunny! It's an amazing feeling isn't it, seeing your baby for the first time, and hearing the sonographer say "everything looks fine"... I still tear up when I think back to my first u/s with Gaby

January 16th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Super Mommy
i am so happy for you. it is wonderful that your mom and mil were there with you.

~Tracy~

January 16th, 2007, 05:56 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so happy for you. It made me tear, I am so happy!! I'm sorry that your DH had to miss that.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

January 16th, 2007, 05:58 PM
christina7777's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to christina7777
i am so happy for you. you brought tears to my eyes!
January 16th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
YAY! OMG you made me cry! I'm soooooooooooo relieved for you! I remember seeing the h/b at my first u/s. It means so much more when you've had an u/s that didn't have one.

I'm so happy for you honey! Here's to a beautiful baby come August!!

January 16th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Looks like we've got an emotional group of ladies here! I'm glad I've found great company!
January 17th, 2007, 07:27 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
From the moment I saw the title of your post I was holding my breath for good news...then I burst out crying tears of joy for you! I am unbelievably excited and relieved for you. You've had a long haul and are finally blessed with that precious heartbeat! Congrats!! I'm going to be on cloud 9 all day!!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
January 17th, 2007, 07:36 AM
melliemama
Yay Nicole! I'm so happy for you! That first u/s is so reassuring. I'm glad that everything is going great!
January 19th, 2007, 08:59 PM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG!!! I just saw this and I am so happy for you!!!!

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!
January 20th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Add me to the "tears of joy and sighs of relief" list!

I am sooo happy for you, I got tearful, and I am not even pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
January 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I am so glad to see your update!!! And VERY HAPPY that it went so well!!!!
January 20th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the great Ultrasound

January 21st, 2007, 04:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks It's starting to sink in now. My MIL was so sweet. We were over yesterday and she pulled me aside and said she had something for me. She pulled out a newborn package of diapers and said she couldn't resist and that every pay week she was going to buy a package of various sizes so we would have lots of diapers when peanut showed up. I was almost in tears! How sweet!

It's so much fun to see our family so excited!
January 22nd, 2007, 04:27 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I am so happy to hear the wonderful news!!!!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search