My birth story

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was talking to stephen on monday night about how tuesday would make me a week over due and I was laughing at how we would be making our way up to be induced on friday. Then I went to bed. I woke up just before 2:30 and noticed that I was having a lot of pain I realized they were contractions and decided to time them. So I got up and started writing them down. Came on to the justmommies and posted about them then went back to bed kept timimg them got up again and sat around timing them. Then I woke Stephen up and told him I was having contractions but they were very irregular. We decided to ring the midwife. So Stephen rung her and I kept timing them. I knew I wouldnt get my midwife as she had already told me that she was not working on tuesday and that if I did need anything I would get Bronwyn (she is lovely). So I ended up talking to Bron and she said that she had only just gotten home to bed and she wanted me to wait a little before coming in to the hospital as the contractions were very irregular and to call her When I had regular contrax for half an hour or my water broke. She said she expected to hear from me soon so I hung up told hubby to go to bed and I stayed up timing them. At around 6:30 I woke hubby and asked him to ring the midwife as I had been having regular contractions for half an hour. She told us to go in which was great because I was worried about the hour trip up there. So we left for the hospital at 6:40am. Hubby was great. I continued to time the contrax and we got to the hospital in record time we arrived at 7:10 am. I went straight into the delivery suite. The midwife was there but she was with another lady in labour but had rung another midwife to take the other lady so she could deliver our babe. She checked me when I got there and I was at 6 cm dialated she said I was near 7 but not quite so she took it back to 6. I was thinned out on the left side but not the right. My waters were bulging and his head was low. So she checked my temp and BP and put me on the moniter to moniter babe he was doig good. I was on the moniter for 20 minutes then she told me to get up and walk around to bring baby down more. I didnt want to walk around as it hurt too much but I did it anyway to bring labour on. I was getting more and more painful contrax and knew things were progressing the midwife was great she was talking me thru the contrax and telling me to blow them away which worked great. I started getting me pressure and painful contrax and it was harder to just blow the pain away I couldnt stop shaking and I was worried I was going to push too soon. I didnt though. Then I got a terrible contraction and made my way to the bed then another and my water broke. I tried to get to the bed but I was still shaking and felt weak the midwife and hubby had to help me on the bed. I asked for Gas and she set it up but I didnt take much of it as I was trying to focus on pushing. So I finally got to push and it hurt like heck the stinging was terrible I hate that burning feeling. I pushed when I had to and the midwife said his head was there and to push which I did and his head crowned then she told me to just breath and not push. then she was checking to see if the cord was around his neck. That hurt but it wasnt then I had to push but I was progressing enough even though I was pushing so hard. The mid wife grabbed babes shoulders and pulled him out OUCH that hurt so much I yelled to her not to but she later said she had to as he was stuck and I was actually glad she did because he was finally out. He was born at 8:47 am. Well thats what she told us then she wrote on his chart that he was born at 8:43. She said he was a big baby and would weigh around 4.5 kgsand laid him on my tummy. Gave me a injection to bring the placenta out quicker and I held him. He was so sweet lying there a little blue but ok and he was bruised a little. I delivered the placenta. Stephen cut the cord and held baby. I had a 1 degree tear but it was in a difficult place so she didnt stitch it and I have lots of grazing. Then the midwife weighed him and he was 4.6 kg (10lb 2 0unces). I agued and said I thought he would be 7.5 pounds boy was I wrong. I had to stay in hospital a night because he was so big they had to moniter his sugar levels and they were low but got better and we came home today. I have to feed him every 3 hours until my milk comes in and then demand feed. He is so sweet. I love him so much. At the moment he is cluster feeding so Iam so tired but all is well.

January 17th, 2007, 07:23 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woohoo, congrats Michelle! I'm glad your little boy is finally home safe with you.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
January 17th, 2007, 07:44 AM
melliemama
Yay congratulations! Sounds like a quick labor!
January 17th, 2007, 08:33 AM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
January 17th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Spotis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww...congratulations. What a sweet story. I'm sorry the labor was so painful for you, but glad you have a healthy baby boy!

Nolan John turns 2 on 8/28/09
Thank you Jessica for the siggy!
January 17th, 2007, 10:14 AM
missmindy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!! That is so awesome, you did a great job!
January 17th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Congratulations!! (it's about time...lol)

And 10lb2oz????? WOW!

I can't wait to see pics! And congrats again!!

January 17th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
aw hes adorable!! congrats sweety! what a big boy!
January 17th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congrats on the arrival of your little man!

January 18th, 2007, 06:48 AM
baner
Congrats!! He is such a cutie!!

Another 10 pounder for the Jan DDC...WOW!!

Congrats again and thanks for sharing your story!!
January 18th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrate's again! What a cute little guy!!!!
January 18th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea! Congrats! Big Baby, I love big babies- when other people have big babies (I dont want to push em out, but they are soo cute a squishy!) How'd you think of his name? I have never heard it before

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
January 18th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Yea! Congrats! Big Baby, I love big babies- when other people have big babies (I dont want to push em out, but they are soo cute a squishy!) How'd you think of his name? I have never heard it before[/b]
My husband is Scottish and Hamish is a good strong scottish name. We were having a hard time choosing a name so one night we wrote down all the boy names we liked I chose 10 hubby chose 3 none of the names I chose were the same as the names he chose but when I called out Hamish hubby said thats it thats the name and then when the baby was born he looked like a Hamish. So thats what we called him.

January 19th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Yea! Congrats! Big Baby, I love big babies- when other people have big babies (I dont want to push em out, but they are soo cute a squishy!) How'd you think of his name? I have never heard it before[/b]
My husband is Scottish and Hamish is a good strong scottish name. We were having a hard time choosing a name so one night we wrote down all the boy names we liked I chose 10 hubby chose 3 none of the names I chose were the same as the names he chose but when I called out Hamish hubby said thats it thats the name and then when the baby was born he looked like a Hamish. So thats what we called him.
[/b]
Thats awesome! My husband is part Armenian, but there are very few armenian names I can pronounce, let alone name my child!

Congrats again!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search