Baby Asprin

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2005, 05:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
Hi ladies - I saw my dr yesterday for a checkup now that it is 2 weeks since my d&c. This was my 2nd m/c and my doctor said that when we start trying again that I should take a low does 80mg of baby aspirin daily. I asked him what it does and he said but I still don't understand. Have any of you heard about this before?? What does it do and does it have any negative effects??? I will do anything to try to make the next one go full term but I obviously don't want to do something detrimental either. Any advice would be great.

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
June 23rd, 2005, 07:13 AM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
I would make him explain to you why he is suggesting this. From what I have heard from friends who have had to this it was to help thin there blood a little bit. And there doctors had run test on them to come up with this plan of action.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

June 23rd, 2005, 07:45 AM
mom.of.2.boys's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi he910,

Hope your recovering well.

I had two back to back miscarriages too and now I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I'm still taking baby asprin.

My doctor put me on baby asprin along with my prenatal, vitamin c and vitamin e and i'm still taking all of it.

I was on the baby asprin for 2 months before I got pregant and she told me to continue that and the extra vitamins unitl I reach my second trimester.

It worked for me. Hopefully it will for you too.

Good Luck!

June 23rd, 2005, 09:05 AM
Veteran
I was also put on baby aspirin as soon as I found out I was pg.

I was put on it to thin my blood a bit - one of the tests they ran after my 3rd m/c, anti-cardiolipin (sp?), came back a little bit above normal - baby aspirin was one thing to help.

My doc had me stop taking it at about 13 weeks.

Good Luck to you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search