for those of you who got pg right after m/c...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Veteran
hi, i just had a m/c, (i am still bleeding right now) and was wondering how many ppl on here got pg right away after a m/c without waiting for their first AF??? i have been debating whether i want to try again right away or wait till i have a regular cycle. i guess im afraid that if i get pg right away and m/c again, i will not be able to live with myself cuz then i'll feel like i should've waited and that it was my fault. everyone had differing opinons about how long to wait...it's so frustrating! so i guess i just wanna know if anyone here did get pg right away and how did/is everything going??
June 25th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
i started after i stopped bleeding after my m/c,it all depends on when u are ready to start trying again. its all about mentally and physically ready. i could be pg now i am just waiting a few days to test to make sure.my AF is due the 1st so my advice is to wait it out and when you think you can handle it,then start to try.dont stress to much over it. a m/c is a hard thing to deal with and alot of people deal with it differently than others.i am so sorry for your loss,you are in my prayers. go with your heart.you will know when u are ready.until that time start using protection if you still are not ready ok.hope that helps a little.
June 25th, 2005, 01:14 PM
a_baby_is_a_gift's Avatar Member
I kinda got pregnant right away it took us 5 months and everything is fine. But it's your decision whether u try or not. Did you talk to your bf or husband???? what does he say about trying for another right away?????
June 25th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Veteran
my DH is up to trying right away, but he would be supportive if i decided to wait. the thing is emotionally i feel ready to try, it's just worrying about whether my body is ready and the implications that go along with trying agian immediately. i think i am leaning towards waiting one cycle, it hopefully will go by so fast anyways, since i work full time and im' going away this summer, etc. thanks for the responses, hopefully in a few months i will be a regular on this board!
June 25th, 2005, 08:56 PM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
We started trying 2 weeks after the d&c but only because the dr said it was okay. It actually took 7 months to concieve though.
June 26th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We tried and got pg right after my miscarriage. My cycle was a bit longer after the miscarriage, so I didn't get a BFP until about 5 weeks or so. Our son is beautiful and healthy. He's 10 months old today.

July 6th, 2005, 07:37 AM
cherriberry's Avatar Veteran
I literally got pregnant right away after my miscarriage, I miscarried in the beginning of March and got pregnant again at the end of March. Everything is going perfect this time around. I will be 17 weeks on Friday, Ive had two ultrasounds, the heartbeat is strong and things are right on track...
July 7th, 2005, 07:20 AM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
I have had two m/c and started trying right away with both. My Doctor told me that there is no medical proof that if you get PG right away after an m/c that it increases your risk of another m/c. After my first m/s I was PG after one cycle and after my Second m/c I was PG after two cycles. Hope this helps you
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

July 7th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Veteran
When I got pregnant with my son 10 years ago I had just had a m/c the month before that. I had a m/c (blighted ovum) at 6 weeks gestation and that was in late February. I bleed for a good 7 days. Then I found out I was pregnant with him three weeks after that. I was very happy that I got pregnant again right away! I never had any worries about trying too soon or anything. He will be 10 years old this year.

Happily married mom with a 10 yr old and 4 yr old kidlets

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search