I just heard the best sound...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2007, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
With my control issues...I decided that I would rent a doppler with this pregnancy. I was actually shocked that it came in 2 days since it was coming up from the US and we tend to have customs issues at the border. I thought it would take 1-2 weeks. Well, I got it last week and wasn't able to hear a thing, and I was over 9 weeks. So I had this feeling that I should try is again today and I heard it! It was the best sound I ever heard. Of course I couldn't listen to it very long because as soon as I found it within a few seconds it was gone. I guess we've got an active little peanut!
February 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
YAY!!!!! My Dr. is letting me take home one of their dopplars, just for my peace of mind. I would have last appointment, except it took him 3 seconds to find the heartbeat and I didn't want to do that to myself at home. So I was going to get one today......ugh.

But congratulations on your little heartbeat!! I didn't think you could hear it this early!

February 1st, 2007, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's early but 10-12 weeks is usually the earliest you can hear it. I've also got a 3mhz doppler so it's more sensitive. For a while all I could hear when I checked was the blood flow to the placenta and the placenta (it sounds like trees in a forrest). Then I heard the nice fast sound of the heartbeat. It's soooo different from the other sounds in there. I thought it was going to take a few more weeks since I'm a little extra "fluffy" but it helps to have a full bladder.
February 1st, 2007, 04:04 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So cool! I'm glad you've got that for your peace of mind. Enjoy!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
February 1st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Trust me...I need all the peace of mind that I can get! DH was leary of me getting it, but I told him once I could feel peanut kicking I would return it. I just need some sort of reasurance.
February 1st, 2007, 08:06 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations!!!!!!!! What a happy day on the PAL board! 2 heartbeats heard!

February 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
I rented one during this pregnancy and it was the BEST move I made. DH was nervous about it too but he was very grateful I did because it was the only thing that gave me peace of mind. Honestly before I started feeling Jack move, I listed EVERY SINGLE DAY. And even then I wouldn't return it until he arrived! I'm glad you have it and I think it will make things alittle easier for you!!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
February 2nd, 2007, 07:47 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
oh thats so awesome nicole!! someone i know owns one and offered to let me use it..my first ob appt. is the 12th, i will be 9 weeks and if they pick it up at that appt. im gonna stop by and get the doppler from her..i dont want to get it until i KNOW we can pick it up..it will just make my nerves worse!
February 2nd, 2007, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! I am so happy you got your peace of mind! I might check with my doctor to see if I can rent one from them. Where did you rent it from and do you mind sharing the cost details?

Thanks,
Ammi
February 2nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got it from Babybeat and I'm on the pay as you go plan at $22/month. Since I've had a bad track record I was hesitant to committ to a contract and pay upfront. It's the best $22 I've spent and sooooo worth it!
February 2nd, 2007, 10:30 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
That is so wonderful u got to hear it so early!! I rented a doppler with my son Jakob and used it a lot. I am trying not to this time so I can more cherish the moments I do get to hear it. I just might have to rent one though, who am I kidding lol!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

February 2nd, 2007, 11:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh trust me...I still get teary eyed when I hear it. I literally let our a huge "sigh" when I hear it! Of course, peanut sure is active because no sooner do I hear it, than it's gone. I was actually chasing peanut last night because he/she was so active. I was trying to count the heartbeat but I only got to 5 seconds and then it was gone!
February 2nd, 2007, 11:47 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
DH was leary of me getting it, but I told him once I could feel peanut kicking I would return it.[/b]
Yeah, sure, you think that! lol. The problem is, when you first start feeling movement, it's not at ALL consistent, and that's more nerve-wracking (to me) than not feeling it at all! You're going to want to keep it after you start to feel movement, for those time when you aren't feeling movement!

February 2nd, 2007, 03:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aren't dopplers the best? I rented one and was able to hear the h/b at a little over 8 weeks (really rare to hear it that early - I guess I was just lucky)...my DH was leary as well about letting me get one, but it has been SO worth it - I still listen from time to time if I haven't felt the baby kick in a while...it provides such amazing peace of mind. I got mine from Baby Beat as well!
February 3rd, 2007, 08:05 AM
Kristin143's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristin143
Quote:
With my control issues...I decided that I would rent a doppler with this pregnancy. I was actually shocked that it came in 2 days since it was coming up from the US and we tend to have customs issues at the border. I thought it would take 1-2 weeks. Well, I got it last week and wasn't able to hear a thing, and I was over 9 weeks. So I had this feeling that I should try is again today and I heard it! It was the best sound I ever heard. Of course I couldn't listen to it very long because as soon as I found it within a few seconds it was gone. I guess we've got an active little peanut! [/b]
Aw congrats! I think im gonna have to go get one everyone seems to have one.. lol where did u get yours from?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search