New to board

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
cassiek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello everyone. I am Cassie (24) and my DH is Nick (23), and am currently 5 weeks pregnant with our first after a loss in April of 06. I am on the panic side since I have started spotting. I went yesterday and had my HCG done and that came back at 2000 while my prog came back at 11.4 also the Dr said I was High and Closed so not to worry to much (I know easier said then done). So today my Dr prescribed me 400 mg Prog Supplements until 12 weeks due to my Prog level being so low and also for the spotting. Did anyone take this and start to spot after stopping it at 12 weeks? Also is it ok to have sex (sorry) while using the supository (sp)? I am on pelvic/modified bedrest until the 16th but after that I was wondering if I would be able to after that. TIA!! I can't wait to get to know all you girls.

February 2nd, 2007, 03:13 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats, Cassie!! I'm excited for you. I think you'll recognize several of the ladies over here.

I had to do the progesterone thing first trimester with this one. You'll want to wear a liner all the time with them, they're messy. Do your night dose after you're already in bed. Someone wonderful at JM told me to do that and it made a big difference. After prolonged use, they may irritate you and feel like a yeast infection. My doc actually liked when I complained about that, said it meant they were working. They'll also increase your pg symptoms (i.e., bbs will get more sore, you may get nauseas).

As for DTD while on them, I just didn't have the energy or desire during the first tri to even think about it, much less do it. I'd say ask your doc or your pharmacist once you're off pelvic rest.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
February 2nd, 2007, 04:01 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I don't know about any of your questions but I am so glad you are pregnant!! A big congrats again!!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

February 2nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations on your pregnancy!!!! I am sure that the spotting has you worried, I hate when doctors say "don't worry about it", because we automatically associate bleeding/spotting in pregnancy with m/c - ESPECIALLY if we've already miscarried! I am sending lots of sticky vibes to you, and hope that the spotting stops very soon!

The fact your cervix is high & closed is GREAT!

sorry i'm no help wit hthe suppostries as i've never had to take them, but i'm sure any of the ladies who have been on them, will be able to help

February 6th, 2007, 03:19 AM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your BFP

February 6th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont know about progesterone but I tracked you down to say Hello! I miss seeing you on every morning! I hope you get everything sorted out soon!

February 6th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hello everyone. I am Cassie (24) and my DH is Nick (23), and am currently 5 weeks pregnant with our first after a loss in April of 06. I am on the panic side since I have started spotting. I went yesterday and had my HCG done and that came back at 2000 while my prog came back at 11.4 also the Dr said I was High and Closed so not to worry to much (I know easier said then done). So today my Dr prescribed me 400 mg Prog Supplements until 12 weeks due to my Prog level being so low and also for the spotting. Did anyone take this and start to spot after stopping it at 12 weeks? Also is it ok to have sex (sorry) while using the supository (sp)? I am on pelvic/modified bedrest until the 16th but after that I was wondering if I would be able to after that. TIA!! I can't wait to get to know all you girls.[/b]

Congrats on the pregnancy. I also had a loss in april of 06, with this pregnancy I did have spotting in the begining but it went away. I don't know anything about the suppositories, but if you're on pelvic/modified bedrest you most likely are suppose to be reframing from intercourse during that time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search