My very scary night.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2007, 09:23 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
So, when I went to work yesterday I had this nagging ache in my side. Well, more like between my uterus and my pelvis on my right side. It felt like of like a stretchy/growing pain so I sort of brushed it off.

I was on a register last night most of the night as it was pretty busy, being a Friday.

By the time my lunch rolled around it was getting worse. So I went back, clocked out, and sat down for half an hour (and ate a hamburger that they were cooking us for an accident-free 30 days).

Well, the ache hadn't gone away or lessened any when my lunch was over. I passed by the intern who was cooking hambugers and he asked me if I was okay (I had my hand pushing on my belly. His wife just had a baby, so I don't know, he recognized the gesture). I told him that I had an ache that was starting to freak me out. He said that if I needed anything just to let me know.

So I went back up to a register. About 20 minutes later it was getting worse. It was radiating across my belly and I started getting really scared. I got off the register, and told them I was leaving. All 3 of the customer service managers that were there are girls who have never been pregnant, but knew my history, so they had no problem. I passed a friend on the way back, and of course, she made me cry, so the time I got back to the back and passed the intern again, I was sobbing. I asked him if he knew where the manager was, and he said "Why do you need to go home?" I looked at him, and then he said "Yes, you go home. I'll tell Eric. You just go home."

So I called DH who was over at a friend's house. She just had her second baby, so she understands. She made me lay on the couch, and got me a tall drink of water, and a hot pad for my side, and told me everything was going to be okay. She even let me bring the hot pad home.

I'm okay this morning...but I'm worried about going back to work. We'll see. Ugh, I came SO CLOSE to going to L&D last night, but...my friend was so sweet. She really calmed me down.

So, yeah...I might have to cut back my hours at work. Next week I'm scheduled 38 hours. I really don't think I can physically do it.

But I can't AFFORD to! UGH!!!

February 3rd, 2007, 10:14 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you're feeling better this morning----so glad you went home, just getting off your feet and relaxing a bit probably helped a lot.
Marie
February 3rd, 2007, 10:31 AM
Kristin143's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristin143
Quote:
So, when I went to work yesterday I had this nagging ache in my side. Well, more like between my uterus and my pelvis on my right side. It felt like of like a stretchy/growing pain so I sort of brushed it off.

I was on a register last night most of the night as it was pretty busy, being a Friday.

By the time my lunch rolled around it was getting worse. So I went back, clocked out, and sat down for half an hour (and ate a hamburger that they were cooking us for an accident-free 30 days).

Well, the ache hadn't gone away or lessened any when my lunch was over. I passed by the intern who was cooking hambugers and he asked me if I was okay (I had my hand pushing on my belly. His wife just had a baby, so I don't know, he recognized the gesture). I told him that I had an ache that was starting to freak me out. He said that if I needed anything just to let me know.

So I went back up to a register. About 20 minutes later it was getting worse. It was radiating across my belly and I started getting really scared. I got off the register, and told them I was leaving. All 3 of the customer service managers that were there are girls who have never been pregnant, but knew my history, so they had no problem. I passed a friend on the way back, and of course, she made me cry, so the time I got back to the back and passed the intern again, I was sobbing. I asked him if he knew where the manager was, and he said "Why do you need to go home?" I looked at him, and then he said "Yes, you go home. I'll tell Eric. You just go home."

So I called DH who was over at a friend's house. She just had her second baby, so she understands. She made me lay on the couch, and got me a tall drink of water, and a hot pad for my side, and told me everything was going to be okay. She even let me bring the hot pad home.

I'm okay this morning...but I'm worried about going back to work. We'll see. Ugh, I came SO CLOSE to going to L&D last night, but...my friend was so sweet. She really calmed me down.

So, yeah...I might have to cut back my hours at work. Next week I'm scheduled 38 hours. I really don't think I can physically do it.

But I can't AFFORD to! UGH!!![/b]
Oh gosh! thats scary.. Happy no more pain today! Try to take it easy hun!! Good luck!
February 3rd, 2007, 11:15 AM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brit...you need to take it easy! I know that work seems like something we HAVE to do but it's your baby we're talking about! I would go into your manager and see if you can cut back on your hours.

Relax... I'm praying for you and Jelly!

Jen
February 3rd, 2007, 12:35 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
((Brittanie)) I can imagine that must have REALLY scared you!!!!! I am glad that your friend was able to calm you down though. It sounds similar to a pain that I used to get when i'd been walking around (and not necessarily for a long time, just an hour or so around the mall would bring it on), and it was really horrible...... My job was sitting at a desk, so work didn't bother me, but i would say if it continues, that maybe you should think about cutting back your hours a bit... ((hugs))

February 3rd, 2007, 12:38 PM
JennO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brittanie,

That sounds so stressful!!! I know it is hard thinking about hours at work an all, but it is better having a healthy baby than trying to work... Everything will change when the baby comes meaning your point of view of everything. At least mine did. I also had a scary day last week. I felt like I was having preterm labor. I left work early and tried to rest. I got home and tried to calm down. When I got my DD from the sitter, she said that weeks 18-25 were like that with her last (she has two kids). Just so much growing and shifting going on... I guess it is different the 2nd time around... Take care of you and that baby!!

JennO

February 3rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad you're feeling better. It sounds exactly like round ligament pain that I had with my dd. If it happens again, if it were me, I would just call my doc's office and talk to someone. Even if it's after hours. That's what they're there for and they can put your mind at ease. I had to stop working because of it but I was 32 weeks at that point. It was in the exact same place you described. Hope you stay pain free! ***hugs***

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
February 3rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I normally just lurk to see how you girls are doing & hoping that I get in here one day soon BUT I saw this post & had to reply. Brit, I am sure everything is going to be fine. You have to remember, 1st your baby, then you & DH, THEN work. Don't let working stress you out or lack there of. Where there is a will, there is a way.

February 4th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
So today at work has been better. I made an effort to drink a lot more water while working, and to take things a little slower. I tend to try to get people through the register as fast as possible, and that means me moving fast. So I slowed it down today. I think the twisting was part of it. It still hurts today, just not pulsing or radiating like yesterday.

However, I mentioned it to a girl at work, and she saw where I was pushing (why to pg women do that? Does pushing on the belly really do anything??), and told me I needed to be careful because pain on the right side could be gallbladder problems, so I should monitor it and mention it to my Dr.

My u/s is the 13th. I'll see if the u/s tech can take a quick peek at it and see if anything is wrong.

Thanks for all your well-wishes girls.

February 4th, 2007, 09:57 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I am so sorry you had such a scare. I agree I would for sure tell your doc about it. Lots of hugs to you Brit!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

February 5th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You definitely need to take it easy!!! I tend to pull muscles in my stomache while pregnant and it hurts a lot, and when you're pregnant it's a lot easier to pull muscles and so forth....take care of yourself and don't push yourself so hard.

I'm glad your feeling better!
February 5th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Brittanie, that's so scary... I am so sorry that you had sucha bad day. Just relax and take care of your health. Health comes first now! You take it easy now ok?

Ok hun...

-Ammi
February 5th, 2007, 08:19 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Goodness, what a scare! I have a rib that DS rearranged for me (complete with a minor crack). Now that DS#2 is getting big enough, the rib is acting up again and causes pain exactly like you described.

You might talk to the manager to see if there's anything less physical you could do (returns desk, helping the person who processes used/broken items in the back, maybe even helping in accounting). That way you could have less physical stress while maintaining your hours.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
February 5th, 2007, 12:09 PM
cassiek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry to hear that you had such a scare Brit. I am glad to hear that things are better today. Hang in there and if you have any concerns call your Dr. (((HUGS)))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search