New to Pregnancy after miscarriage *UPDATED as of Feb.12*

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2007, 05:51 PM
nicole21
<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">I normally post in the April due date club, I recently seen a posting to come post in the pregnancy after miscarriage forum.

Here is alittle about me:

My name is Nicole and I am 21. My boyfriend Will and I are expecting our little boy on April 15st orginally it was April 21st. This is going to be our first baby but second pregnancy. Our first pregnancy ended in miscarriage. We lost our first baby in the start of July, it was sorta a 3 day thing. I started bleeding and cramping on July 1st went to the hospital only to get sent home. The next day it got worse, went back to the hospital and again got sent home. Well on the 3rd, I passed a huge clot and the pain was unbareable. I had a new doctor that night who was understanding (his wife had just had a miscarriage also), he ordered an ultrasound for acouple days after. We had a complete miscarriage, so I didn't need a DNC. Well coming onto September I was noticing that I was sick and I wasnt feeling right, in my heart I think I knew. I took 3 home pregnancy test and with each test the BFP line got darker and darker. Finally I went to the doctor, he sent me for a blood test but he said he knew it was because I was pregnant not because of left over pregnancy hormones. I was sent for back to back ones so they could see if the numbers were going up and they were. I was sent for a ultrasound just to make sure the pregnancy was viable, I was 7 weeks 4 days pregnant. Which ment I got pregnant within 2 weeks or so of having the miscarriage. Well as of today I am just over 30weeks pregnant. This pregnancy is stressful, Aaron (his name) has fluid on the back on his brain but the doctor said it could be normal but we are just going to watch it. He is a big boy, my uterus is measuring right now at 36 weeks and from the ultrasound he was almost at 4 lbs and measuring alot bigger then for how far along I was (just a day short of 29 weeks). My doctor is considering a C-section because of the weight is getting to hard for me to carry. I have steel rods in my back due to Khyposis and scoliosis. In total I have had 3 major back surgeries all due to the rods. And by the looks of it I wont be able to get an epi because of the scar, after 3 sugeries and all the scar tissue my doctor highly doubts that I will be getting an epi. So if I go for a C-section no being awake. Well I think that is all I could think of putting for now. I hope to get to know you all better. </span>

28weeks

As of now I am alot bigger then this

28weeks front view

me at 19weeks

Ultrasound pictures:

I believe he was 10 weeks here

His 20 week ultrasound picture

My Pregnancy tests: Can you see the difference?

This was the first one:

This was the second one:
February 7th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome to the PAL board! congratulations on your pregnancy - and even more so on your little BOY!

Thank you for sharing your photos with us, you have a GORGEOUS! belly, and i love the pics of your hpt's... I am weird, i love seeing BFP's!!!!

best of luck with the final 2 & a bit months of your pregnancy!

February 8th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Spotis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm sorry this pregnancy has been a difficult one for you...with your back problems and the fluid on the brain scare. Even though the fluid on the brain is probably normal, I'm sure it's worrisome to hear. I love the pics! Praying that Aaron is born healthy in just a few more weeks and your back get some relief!

Welcome again!

Nolan John turns 2 on 8/28/09
Thank you Jessica for the siggy!
February 8th, 2007, 07:50 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey, Nicole, welcome!! You'll love these ladies and you'll see some familiar faces/names. I'm in April with you after two losses last year.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
February 8th, 2007, 07:59 AM
melliemama
Hi Nicole! I'll be praying that Aaron is delivered safely and is born nice and healthy. He's certainly a big boy!

I'm Melissa. I'm 31, married to the best DH for 5.5 years. We're expecting our first after a m/c last March. Welcome!
February 8th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy

I'm Nicole and after 3 recent losses, we're expecting our 1st peanut in August. What a cutie you have there!
February 8th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Awww, yay! Somebody paid attention to my advertisements! lol.

I'm Brittanie, and I'm expecting my 2nd in June. Sadly, my first was stillborn at 38w due to a cord accident.

I'm hoping that Aaron arrives safely and that your back makes it through the pregnancy!!

So a nice big to you!

February 8th, 2007, 10:53 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
Welcome to the board!! Congrats on your baby boy too!! I too had complication with my son, they saw fluid on his brain and measurements that weren't right. It turned out when he was born he has a genetic brain disorder called Joubert Syndrome. He is a sweetheart and I love him more then anything. The fluid did go away before he was born too.

I hate that we have to be stressed by those things at such a special time in our lives. I am sure all will turn out fine for your little one.

I myself have had 2 m/c that were 10 years apart.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

February 11th, 2007, 08:16 AM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
Congratulations on your pg!!! I know a bit about big babies being that my dd's were 10 lbs 5 oz and 9 lbs 4 oz (18 months apart)!!

I hope all goes well!!! I know that after 3 c/s the way our babies come into the world is not always ideal....I mourned the fact that I would never have a vaginal birth after my second!! But I have learned to be thankful that they were happy and healthy and that is the most important thing!! So take time to mourn your perfect birth, if indeed you have to be put under for a c/s, but remember it is a small portion of the pg and take time to be joyful and remember every kick that you feel!!

Hope to see you around...until August at least!!!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

February 12th, 2007, 02:33 PM
nicole21
Well as off my last appointment Aaron is around 5lbs, and my uterus is now 38cm. She told me that I am gonna be looking at a 10lb or more baby, but she wont let him get over the 10lbs mark.
February 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
wow, that's a big baby!!!! Did they tell you how much the ultrasound weight estimations could be off by? i think when i had my scan with gaby, they said it coudl be off by about 500g either side....... at my 39w scan (to check size) Gaby was estimated to weigh 8lb3oz, and when she was born (3 weeks later) she was 8lb4oz

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search