Newbie who's freaking out

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2007, 05:34 AM
hollypop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to hollypop
Hi there folks!

Little intro - I'm Holly, 27 year old SAHM to Lucy who's 3 and wife to Ewan for 4 years. We live in Oxfordshire in the Uk. I miscarried in the middle of December a 6 weeks after 4 weeks of light bleeding. AF came back mid Jan so we started trying right away and we've been lucky enough to fall pregnant right away. I thought I'd be ok with this but I SO am not, lol. No bleeding as yet and have tender breasts. Everytime I got to the toilet I'm looking for blood, ugh - I'm SO worried and of course can't get an appointment til I'm at least 6 weeks.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to keep sane?! I guess I just need to remember that regular pregnancies happen all the time.

xxx

The current mood of hollypop:
</div>
February 15th, 2007, 05:38 AM
cassiek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your BFP!! I know you from the Oct DDC. What I do is try and take it one day at a time.I have also been known to call the Dr a 101 times when I think anything is wrong. Luckily they haven't yelled at me yet .

February 15th, 2007, 05:51 AM
melliemama
Welcome and congratulations! I still go to the bathroom looking for spotting as well. I'm not sure that will ever stop.
February 15th, 2007, 06:49 AM
lauraec20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Holly,

Congrats and welcome! I understand exactly what you are feeling. I worry about every little thing. I just posted somewhere that I am going to have to just let it go and learn to enjoy this pregnancy. It is harder said then done though. I worry if my boobs don't hurt as bad one day or I don't feel as nauseous one day. All kind of little things. I really don't have an easy answer, but you are definelty not alone in feeling the way you do. Joining JM and communicating with other women who understand what I am feeling has really helped.
February 15th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
and Congrate's!!!

You've come to the right place! My best advice is to take each day, or hour for that matter, at a time. Try to enjoy every minute and remember to celebrate this baby. It's only been in the last week that I stoped looking at the TP after every bathroom visit. It's completely normal to feel like that.
February 15th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Thanks Ladies

It helps knowing I'm not the only one going through this, my sis thinks I'm nuts, urgh.

Congrats to all of you on your BFP's also

CassieK - Nice to see a familiar face

</div>
February 15th, 2007, 08:06 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and welcome! You're right where we all started. The first trimester is the hardest. I was well into the second trimester when I realized I wasn't checking the TP every time (just every 2-3 times ). I still check occasionally and I'm only 6-8 weeks from delivery. Glad you're here!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
February 15th, 2007, 11:48 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
Congrats and welcome to our group!! I am so sorry for you loss. Its very normal to feel that way. I still worry but as each week goes by it gets a little better.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

February 15th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Thank yopu for the lovely welcomes, it really means the world to me None of my friends have ever miscarried so they really can't relate - I feel so much better now that I've found you lovely ladies.

Here's to us all having easy pregnancies

</div>
February 15th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Lucy is gorgeous!!! I love her hair!

LOL now that that is out of the way, CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy. I understand how hard a pregnancy after loss can be - I had a m/c in Nov 05, and got pregnant again in Jan '06 - my DD is now 16 weeks old. My pregnancy with Gaby was quite emotionally hard, especially the first trimester, but I foudn it was a little easier if I didn't think of the ENTIRE 40 weeks of pregnancy, I would just 'aim' to get to certain milestones.

my milestones were making it to:
5w4d (when I had my miscarriage)
6w
10w (when I experienced my first loss in 2001)
12w & first scan
15w
18w
20w & second scan (finding out the sex)
23w (viability outside the womb)
25w
27w (3rd tri)
30w
35w
38w (considered full term)
40w!

............ and then everyday past 40w... all 14 of them, before Gaby decided to arrive!

February 16th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Hehe, thank you - she got my mass of hair. It's not been cut yet but now I'm starting to feel like a bad mother so will prob have to get her hair trimmed in the summer, lol.

Now the milestone idea is wonderful, I think I might mark them one by one on the calander. Meet one, write the next. Thank you so much for that

Gaby is adorable, belated congrats She's a sweetie

</div>
February 16th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Vickey
first off...WELCOME!!!

The milestones are the only thing that keep me semi normal...I am counting days again and it really does help.
February 16th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Thanks Vickey Yeah - I've already stuck 6 weeks on the calender It's the whole bleeding paranoia that gets me, drives me round the twist, that and the over-analysing every little tweak and pain. Lol - will I be a nervous wreck at 8 months?! Lol

</div>
February 16th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Vickey
i think for some it gets easyer for some they can't help but worry...i am a worry wart but these ladies are great to help calm the nerves and everyone understands what you are feeling. So feel free to vent on bad days and rejoyce on good days!
February 16th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Hehe, thank you!! I'm SO glad I found you all, it really does help knowing you are all here Just aiming for 6 weeks now I guess and today I'm pretty good - everytime I got to pee it's like 'Yeay! No blood!!" hehe. I start my phone calls to Mum and Hubby at work with 'I'm still pregnant' hehe - gotta love it!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search